A mistake in the Leica M11 DNG files?

anickpick

Adobe Lightroom Classic and ACR doesn't officially support the Leica M11 yet, so it's likely that.

[EDIT] I see now there are new updates to Lightroom Classic etc... LR Classic V11.3 may support the M11 now. Are you on the latest version?

Edited by hmzimelka

Yes, just updated today. Still does not work.

While I prefer the M11 over the M10-R in most ways, this alone is a reason to grab the M10-R and leave the M11 at home. (and yes, I know, it's a luxury problem)

Edited by anickpick

8 hours ago, hmzimelka said:

Adobe Lightroom Classic and ACR doesn't officially support the Leica M11 yet, so it's likely that.

[EDIT] I see now there are new updates to Lightroom Classic etc... LR Classic V11.3 may support the M11 now. Are you on the latest version?

According to Adobe’s support page, M11 support was already in LrC 10.4.

Edited by SrMi
PC works
  • Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

2 hours ago, SrMi said:

According to Adobe’s support page, M11 support was already in LrC 10.4 (except PC).

Weird... a couple weeks ago I searched for the M11 support and couldn't find anything. Only M10-R. Maybe they updated it now.

Edited by hmzimelka

5 hours ago, hmzimelka said:

Weird... a couple weeks ago I searched for the M11 support and couldn't find anything. Only M10-R. Maybe they updated it now.

I also did not see it earlier. They must have added M11 to the list very recently, though the support was there previously. I think full support (PC) was added with the most recent version.

19 hours ago, hmzimelka said:

It seems they added support in September 2021 when they had the first prototype, then forgot to mention it after the official release January 13, 2022. 

I don't notice any lens correction being applied to M11 files.  To be specific, I can go into the LrC v 11.3 Lens Corrections panels and apply a profile for any lens in the list and the image doesn't change.  Doesn't this show that the M11 is not yet fully supported?

• Thanks 1

vor 37 Minuten schrieb erudolph:

I don't notice any lens correction being applied to M11 files.  To be specific, I can go into the LrC v 11.3 Lens Corrections panels and apply a profile for any lens in the list and the image doesn't change.  Doesn't this show that the M11 is not yet fully supported?

+ 1

Strangely, it does work with the Leica 35mm Apo Summicron. It's the only Leica lens with supported lens corrections in Lightroom in combination with the M11 (yes, I clicked through the whole list...).

Edited by anickpick
  • Thanks 2