Voigtlander Heliar 40mm F2.8 Aspherical black paint

okproace

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I love this cosina lens. It's a very tiny lens, the black paint color very match the MP black paint. 

Although I make a mistake, purchased a L39 version, but 35mm frameline seems more suit for me. (M-mount use 50mm frameline)

Here are some samples I took with film Ilford XP2 Super 400(BW) and M9-p(color). 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 14

19 minutes ago, shirubadanieru said:

That looks great, mine just arrived today. I got the L39 as well to use 35mm frame lines, which are much cleaner than the 50/75 combo and also 35mm frame lines are much closer to the 40mm actual field of capture (as per multiple threads in this forum)

IF I buy one in the future, it would be L39. I guess a 35 is closer to 40 (+5) than 50 to a 40 (-10).  

Post pictures soon 🙏

Edited by Dennis
typos + added last sentence

i'm still waiting for the lens also. i've been using rokkor 40mm with 50mm framelines, and i like it that way, because in my mindset i try to frame it with 50mm, but got extra space to straighten the pictures.

1 hour ago, shirubadanieru said:

That looks great, mine just arrived today. I got the L39 as well to use 35mm frame lines, which are much cleaner than the 50/75 combo and also 35mm frame lines are much closer to the 40mm actual field of capture (as per multiple threads in this forum)

• Like 1

Nice Lens! Something definitely worth consideration.

As a huge fan of the 40mm f/l and rarely needing 'fast glass' that is really appealing to me as I could use the LTM version as my regular lens on my standardised 1930 Leica 1. At the moment here in the UK I can only see the Nickel version in M-mount. Must keep an eye open for when the LTM version arrives...

Although the Nickel version would be more period-correct with the Leica 1 I'd probably go for the Black option as I'd also take the chance to use the lens with my M bodies and the Nickel style would look a trifle out of place.

Philip.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Awesome thats its so tiny without the hood. What new lenses nowadays have a 34mm filter thread? Lol I got the ltm version too to use on my fp, but Im considering of purchasing the black ltm - m  rayqual adapter to use it on my M so it all blacked put without exposing the silver mount to make it all stealth.

Edited by cboy
  • Like 1

Mine has arrived, but the lens (maybe just this lens) has some issues, and i would like to return it soon. The store is very helpful and will exchange it with another copy.
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, stefanusj said:

Mine has arrived, but the lens (maybe just this lens) has some issues, and i would like to return it soon. The store is very helpful and will exchange it with another copy.

What are your issues?

10 hours ago, 28framelines said:

I have a question about this lens (or 40mm in general on Leica): does the rangefinder still provide accurate focus with different framelines? Either with an LTM version or with M mount? Maybe it’s a stupid question, but figured I’d ask anyway

I found a Voigtlander L39 to M ring for the lens from second hand market, M9-P and MP accurate focus. 

On 4/15/2022 at 11:53 PM, 28framelines said:

I have a question about this lens (or 40mm in general on Leica): does the rangefinder still provide accurate focus with different framelines? Either with an LTM version or with M mount? Maybe it’s a stupid question, but figured I’d ask anyway

The rangefinder still provide acurate focus, but because there are no 40mm framelines, so it only show us with 50mm. 

M10M + Heliar40/2.8

• Like 1

M10M + Heliar40/2.8