Black paint M6 TTL 0.85 Dragon: light meter failure? 11 April 2022

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Of all the Leicas, the M6 is the one I will never ever own. Too many reasons to list. 

But here it is, again; the fragile M6 metering system that fails. Same as the early MP which could be called M6-2 (the ones with the M6 door).

The Later MP (the ones with the non-M6 door) is a full blown all-over upgraded Leica vs the M6. It is not a M6-2 anymore.

Simply put, the M6 is a lesser camera on many, many accounts. Still great camera, but the MP is just better, on all points. 

I don’t know why people are defensive about it. It’s not Like the MP was a Canon camera LOL!

27 minutes ago, Capuccino-Muffin said:

Of all the Leicas, the M6 is the one I will never ever own. Too many reasons to list. 

But here it is, again; the fragile M6 metering system that fails. Same as the early MP which could be called M6-2 (the ones with the M6 door).

The Later MP (the ones with the non-M6 door) is a full blown all-over upgraded Leica vs the M6. It is not a M6-2 anymore.

Simply put, the M6 is a lesser camera on many, many accounts. Still great camera, but the MP is just better, on all points. 

I don’t know why people are defensive about it. It’s not Like the MP was a Canon camera LOL!

Isn’t this part of the charm of the M system? Each model has its own following, and folks are passionate about their likes and dislikes 😄 

My personal favorite film M hasn’t been made yet 😅 

Of the ones made, I like:

- the M3J for the looks, the black shutter release and the black lens release

- the M7 for aperture priority 

- the M6 black paint TTL versions for the larger dial that turns in the same direction as the digital M bodies, and being the last black paint bodies not counting the serial production MP which again have the small shutter speed dials which I dislike 

- the M5 for the shutter speed in OVF as well as the oversized shutter dial, the side strap lugs and the bottom winder

- the M4 for being the latest fully analog camera before the new M-A came along decades later 

- the M3 for being the M3. That 0.91 finder is just brilliant 

- the M2 for the 35mm framelines and self adjusted film advance

- M1 for the cool button rewind 

- the MP3 for being a quasi M3 but with metering, built on MP innards 

- of course the MP for being the only current black paint body in production 

- the M-A for being the full analog with no electronics/electricals body in production  

Too many variants and limited editions to go into details on every single one, the summary above is my immediate mental reaction. Kind of a Rorschach test on myself 😂 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Capuccino-Muffin said:

Once again, you are speaking rubbish. and people are defensive because  what you are saying is just untrue.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2022 at 1:32 AM, TheGodParticle/Hari said:

I’m serious 😁

If you want to let the kit go, I’d be happy to take it off your hands 

It's a kind offer but we should leave trading for the Classifieds 

(I'm sure most of us posting here because we wish the opposite of "letting the kit go" :D )

Edited by grahamc
  • Haha 1