THE LAST LIGHT

2 hours ago, fotografr said:

A beautiful image perfectly timed to catch the woman in perfect light.

I ponder the same question you raised, which has resulted in my diet being about 90 percent plant based. 

Thank you Brent. At least the chicken roam free on the farm before seeing  their « last light». A 90 % plant based diet, sounds healthier and more earth friendly. But must be difficult to follow. Carl.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

22 hours ago, carl_valiquet said:

Thank you Brent. At least the chicken roam free on the farm before seeing  their « last light». A 90 % plant based diet, sounds healthier and more earth friendly. But must be difficult to follow. Carl.

It's becoming much less difficult with all of the soy, mushroom and wheat based meat alternatives available now. There is no suitable alternative to my twice weekly serving of salmon or char, however, and I kind of hope there won't be.

For example, this was dinner tonight. Linguini pasta with carrots, onions, red pepper, broccoli, toasted pine nuts, feta cheese and sour cream. (Pinot Noir not shown) 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by fotografr
  • Like 2

On 4/10/2022 at 8:12 PM, fotografr said:

It's becoming much less difficult with all of the soy, mushroom and wheat based meat alternatives available now. There is no suitable alternative to my twice weekly serving of salmon or char, however, and I kind of hope there won't be.

For example, this was dinner tonight. Linguini pasta with carrots, onions, red pepper, broccoli, toasted pine nuts, feta cheese and sour cream. (Pinot Noir not shown) 

Looks almost Indonesian. Change the paste for noodles, add fried tofu and of course « cabe» (hot chillies. Selamat makan ( Enjoy) The Indonesians are now eating more meat than in the past. A lot of beef comes from Australia or even the States. Now, I am not sure that is very ecological. Things will hopefully slowly change.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, carl_valiquet said:

The Indonesians are now eating more meat than in the past. A lot of beef comes from Australia or even the States.

That's very surprising. Even here in the States the price of beef seems to be rising sharply (I'm just basing that on news reports). I'd much rather see our food choices become more Indonesian than the other way around. The American diet isn't very healthy due to the amount of red meat and deep fried fast food consumed here. 

I should mention that it's lucky for me that chocolate falls into the plant based food category. 

Edited by fotografr

4 hours ago, fotografr said:

That's very surprising. Even here in the States the price of beef seems to be rising sharply (I'm just basing that on news reports). I'd much rather see our food choices become more Indonesian than the other way around. The American diet isn't very healthy due to the amount of red meat and deep fried fast food consumed here. 

I should mention that it's lucky for me that chocolate falls into the plant based food category. 

MONGO is the name of a very Indonesian Chocolate factory . The chocolatier is Belgium. The Cocoa from Indonesia. Lucky for you Easter is coming up. Enjoy. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, fotografr said:

I'm looking for a shop that carries it here in the States. It sounds fantastic!

http://chocolatemonggo.com/shop/

Monggo is a form of polite invitation.or acknowledgment. When you enter someone's house or pass in front of people you say Monggo. Javanese children are brought up to be polite 

54 minutes ago, carl_valiquet said:

Monggo is a form of polite invitation.or acknowledgment. When you enter someone's house or pass in front of people you say Monggo. Javanese children are brought up to be polite 

From my experience that continues right into adulthood.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2022 at 7:42 PM, carl_valiquet said:

The chicken seller arrives early morning at the market. The light from the skylights illuminate the chicken, who see the morning light for the last time.

P.S. The woman will sit down with other chicken sellers. The animals spend their last moments in the company of the ones who cared for them.

Makes me ponder on  what we humans do to survive.

Shooting note: I followed the woman carrying her colourful chickens, making certain that she was in focus When she walked under the skylight...the rest is history.

M10R - Apo Summicron 50.

Mmmm... Soto Ayam! And nothing more delicious than Ayam Kampung fed on bugs and scraps. Gotta get back there soon.

15 minutes ago, kinch123 said:

Mmmm... Soto Ayam! And nothing more delicious than Ayam Kampung fed on bugs and scraps. Gotta get back there soon.

Chicken soup is nothing compared to Soto Ayam made with Ayam Kampung as you say. I see you live in Hong Kong kinch123, a few hours away. Indonesia and its soto Ayam are waiting...

• Like 1