Pouch for new Visoflex 2?

AndrewK

Advertisement (gone after registration)

As titled... what do you carry your Visoflex 2 with?   I saw a youtube video that the Leica leather pouch for the previous generation EVF can fit the new Visoflex just fine.

Since i don't own that EVF, just curious how do people carry/protect their new Visoflex 2?

Thanks

I don't use the contact cover (back in the box) , and it fits easily 

The new pouch is fabric, just like the SL lenses

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Thanks 1

I am currently using this small neopreme Ruggard LPN-F25X15 fold-over lens pouch which is round but the visoflex fits nicely and has a velcro closure. Cost me $8. Good for pocket or bag protection.  There is no belt/strap loop or clip attachment.  

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 4

The new case was a dissapointment to me. I think Leica cheaped out there. They give you cases with lenses that you'll never use but for something that floats around in a bag getting bashed and crushed they changed to a 50 cent drawstring bag. It's pretty poor, at this price.

I'll try @Photoworks suggestion above. That'll work for me. Now it'll just be my 020 that gets bashed around....

Gordon

• Like 3

13 hours ago, scott kirkpatrick said:

I don't recall how it was wrapped, as the VF2 simply lives on my M11, but there was no leather case.

I agree with you. Some people just have their VF2 lives on the M11. But when in an environment that need to be low key, i prefer a nice/safe pouch for VF2. 

The fabric pouch that VF2 comes with is solid, but not as nice as the leather pouch from previous Leica EVF. 

6 hours ago, FlashGordonPhotography said:

The new case was a dissapointment to me. I think Leica cheaped out there. They give you cases with lenses that you'll never use but for something that floats around in a bag getting bashed and crushed they changed to a 50 cent drawstring bag. It's pretty poor, at this price.

I'll try @Photoworks suggestion above. That'll work for me. Now it'll just be my 020 that gets bashed around....

Gordon

I'm as disappointed as you are. But you are lucky to have the leather pouch from the 020 EVF. 

I would love to get a second hand one...

• 2 months later...

Josh at Leica Store Miami demonstrated in a video that the EVF2 pouch from Arte di Mano fits the Visoflex 2. It’s at the 1:38:10 mark in their M11 - A Closer Look video  

https://leicastoremiami.com/products/arte-di-mano-leather-pouch-for-leica-evf2-minerva-black-with-black-stitching?variant=648013477

I tried my Visoflex 020 leather pouch (18835) and it doesn’t fit the Visoflex 2. 

• Like 1

On 4/6/2022 at 11:00 PM, AndrewK said:

just curious how do people carry/protect their new Visoflex 2?

Hi Andrew. I use an 11"x11" Domke wrap. They have just the right amount of padding, come in different colors/sizes, and can be re-purposed for any number of other items (e.g., it's also a great fit for a 35mm Summicron f/2 ASPH). After wrapping it up, by opening just one of the flaps, it acts as a little pouch that makes the V2 very easy to access. The 11"x11" is the smallest size, and probably a bit bigger than necessary, but they're reasonably priced, and fold up compactly.

Edited by JackieMac
grammar
  • Like 1