Football in Monochrome

VRA

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Got some ideas to incorporate slow-paced - short lens - black and white photography into my regular long lens - fast action - color - sports photography. As to be expected, and hoped, the Leica M246 gives me a whole new approach and mindset resulting in some very very different pictures than I am used to. And, even though the end result is yet where it should be, I am deeply liking the process, approach a new style and look of these images.

Looking forward to the coming weeks when I better master my M!

*all shot on Leica Monochrom M246 + 50 Lux

1. Sunset Stadium

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

2. Big lens photographer

3. Last stripe of light shining on the visiting fans

4. Throw in

5. High ball

6.  Round windows

7. Battle for the ball

8. Fan

Thanx for watching!

Edited by VRA
  • Like 16

Excellent work. I hope you'll continue this path. Perhaps you'll even find a market for these photos, although that may prove difficult. At any rate, it's certainly a pleasure to see them here.

The image quality is very good. What ISO were you mostly working with?

Edited by fotografr
  • Like 1

On 4/10/2022 at 3:23 PM, fotografr said:

Excellent work. I hope you'll continue this path. Perhaps you'll even find a market for these photos, although that may prove difficult. At any rate, it's certainly a pleasure to see them here.

The image quality is very good. What ISO were you mostly working with?

Missed your reply and question, sorry for that 🙂

At the moment I am not aiming for football (/soccer) clients since it is not my core business. Just plain around, getting a feel for the camera, focus, lenses, etc. Just so much fun to shoot with, liking starting all over again.

At the moment there are some more 'analog style' sports magazines in the Netherlands (and abroad). Also in other sports like among the professional cycling photographers where there are more Leica and analog photogs appearing, and getting notes, and getting published. The race to clinical perfection is long overdue (but off course has it's place)

Images all shot at max 1600 ISO, so a range way to comfortable for the Monochrom. Still impressed with the results in shrapnels, toning and contrast (though the latter is also post processing of course).

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...