M11 and FOTOS app 3.1.1

Photoworks

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I suggest you don't update today FOTOS app 3.1.1

It breaks the viewing any images from the M11.

I have tested it on iPhone and iPad . you can connect and remote shoot. Pictures don't appear and can't be reviewed or downloaded.

What is the FOTOS team up to this days that can even test that?

52 minutes ago, Photoworks said:

I suggest you don't update today FOTOS app 3.1.1

It breaks the viewing any images from the M11.

I have tested it on iPhone and iPad . you can connect and remote shoot. Pictures don't appear and can't be reviewed or downloaded.

What is the FOTOS team up to this days that can even test that?

I have not found this.  Review and download work fine.

50 minutes ago, Photoworks said:

UPDATE:

I have deleted app and reinstalled it.  

I was now able to see images one the card. 

Still when last image is open and I shoot another photo the new photos does not refresh. this use to work..

thanks @fsprow

The issue with photos on the camera not showing up in the app, despite connection established, was also present 20% of the time in the previous version of the app (iPhone connected to M11 via Wifi)

I do not think there is an in depth coordination between the team developing the Fotos app and the team developing the M11 firmware or firmware for other Leicas.  If one team adds a feature in a normal development cycle, you also should modify the test scripts on ALL platforms that includes this new feature or could be impacted.  Then you perform a regression test on ALL platforms to ensure all is still running well, then an acceptance test on ALL platforms, and then you release it on ALL impacted platforms.  

A new feature in the M11 firmware 1.3.0.0 is Highlight Weighted metering.  You probably guessed it already : in the new released  Fotos 3.1.1 you still only find the 3 older metering settings.  This is certainly not a bug, this is an oversight that demonstrates the lack of coordination between the teams developing software. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Stef63 said:

A new feature in the M11 firmware 1.3.0.0 is Highlight Weighted metering.  You probably guessed it already : in the new released  Fotos 3.1.1 you still only find the 3 older metering settings.  This is certainly not a bug, this is an oversight that demonstrates the lack of coordination between the teams developing software. 

Not sure about that. The programmer team of FOTOS app doesn’t add all the changes. 
I have been asking for different shooting mode for 2 years. The only have single shoot mode. On the sl2 I can change it to multi shot. As soon a review the picture it goes back to single shot mode. So stupid!

• Like 1