Brand new M10M. Focus aid button does not work.

Ned H

@Ned H, I took a look at the manual and while I haven’t tried fixed (long) shutter speeds with my M10M, I have a few thoughts.

1. Do you have the ISO on auto?  If so, it may not work with long shutter speeds.

2. For the focus aid, I think I have had to use the FN button to scroll through until the focus aid appears on the live view or EVF, try cycling all the views. 

3. Also try pressing the focus aid button and using the thumb wheel for different zoom levels (I think this works with the M10M, sometimes I get that and the SL confused).

Curious if you find the fix, what happened…

• 1 month later...

Hi I had the same thing on my new M10M ... basically you have to follow these steps:

1. set the focus assist to "automatic" in the capture assistants sub-menu

2. switch on live view by pressing the "LV" button on the back of the camera. this opens the shutter and you'll see the image the lens sees displayed on the rear LCD

3. move the focussing ring to activate the focus assist (via a sensor on the focussing cam)

4. adjust the desired zoom level (full screen, 50% zoom, 100% zoom) via the rear thumb wheel. you can see the zoom effect on a small rectangle on the lower left corner of the screen

5. every time you afterwards turn the focussing ring with camera set to live view the rear LCD screen zooms to the pre-set zoom level and you can judge focus using your preferred (pre-set) focus peaking

6. by tapping the rear screen you can select which area of the image the focus assist zooms to, it's position is shown by a small white "+" on the rear screen

Hope this helps, many thanks!

Best regards, Hendrik

www.hendriximages.com

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...