How to navigate if there is a problem with new gear..

Fetchmycamera

Advertisement (gone after registration)

58 minutes ago, Fetchmycamera said:

...test shots in house. warming up within 10 minutes.

LV was on....

If left on, live view on the rear LCD heats up every recent camera I've owned. Not hot, but definitely warm. I can't think of a situation where I would leave live view active on my M11 for 10 minutes straight. I can see using the Visoflex 2 for that long, but not the LCD. Are you using the rangefinder and leaving the rear LCD on when it could be off?

It should not come as a surprise that an M 11 heats up a bit after twenty shots in rapid succession. I n general, M cameras run relatively warm due to the metal body and crowded interior  with rapid heat dissipation. The huge files of the M11 will demand more processing power and the heat generated will have to go somewhere. Heat management is a design headache on these cameras. 
it appears you have a good dealer Hé shout en able to advise you. It is very hard for us to judge through the Internet whether your experience is normal (which I suspect ) or an issue. 

" It is very hard for us to judge through the Internet whether your experience is bort(which I suspect ) or an issue "  

So, sorry, I don't understand bort?     Yes, I am new to rangefinder.  Yes it might be that warming is normal...

However, 

I had the first M11 body that had X issues and that body was replaced.  That body did not get warm at all and I was taking the same type of shots. Nothing rapid fire.

With the old one, I was out in the field as well and no warming.

Thanks ever so.   

16 minutes ago, Fetchmycamera said:

" It is very hard for us to judge through the Internet whether your experience is bort(which I suspect ) or an issue "  

So, sorry, I don't understand bort?     Yes, I am new to rangefinder.  Yes it might be that warming is normal...

However, 

I had the first M11 body that had X issues and that body was replaced.  That body did not get warm at all and I was taking the same type of shots. Nothing rapid fire.

With the old one, I was out in the field as well and no warming.

Thanks ever so.   

I just tried 10 minutes of live view and shooting, and yes the camera does get noticeably warm on the right side, warmest on the right side of the LCD up toward the 4-way controller. You just didn't notice it with your first one.

13 minutes ago, Fetchmycamera said:

WOW, thank you soooo much.

You are so kind to me.

Glad to help. All my mirrorless cameras have gotten hot over on the right side. Avoid handling the camera too long it gets really hot – you can get a cumulative burn from prolonged exposure. As far as heat management goes, it's best to use the rangefinder as much as possible and only use the LCD intermittently.

Edited by hdmesa

5 hours ago, hdmesa said:

it gets really hot

I really doubt that. It will shut down over 45ºC -  and we have not had a. single complaint about that.

5 hours ago, hdmesa said:

you can get a cumulative burn from prolonged exposure.

:lol:

8 hours ago, jaapv said:

I really doubt that. It will shut down over 45ºC -  and we have not had a. single complaint about that.

:lol:

I doubt it, too, but my R5 was the first camera I owned that had to include thermal controls/warnings/shutoff for temps that don’t burn you right away but can leave burns if you hold it too long at certain temps (not cumulative from separate uses, lol). Hopefully Leica is aware of such burn risks and includes thermal controls at lower temps but at longer times, if needed.

Edited by hdmesa