M11 Histogram not displaying

ChrisNC

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On my M11, I set up a few info profiles to cycle from a busy to a pretty much empty screen. The first is set to multiple things on (info bars, grid, focus peaking, level and histogram), with subsequent ones removing  level, grid, histogram and everything. No matter what combinations I try, I can't get the histogram to show in live view. After upgrading firmware today and turning on perspective, the level is no longer showing either. Has anyone seen this or know what I might be doing wrong to prevent the histogram from displaying? For extra detail, it does show up during playback rendering.

Normally, the histogram only appears once you have half-pressed the shutter, so that an exposure reading is taken.  And then you can apparently only have Perspective control or histogram, but not both.  The upgraded firmware instructions describe the interaction between the two.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Yes, the option was set to on in the Info Profile. It turns out that Photoworks' comment reminded me I had seen that setting for whether the histogram was permanent or just when the shutter was pressed, but I must have been being thick about it because I didn't connect the dots as to why it wasn't showing. 

Thanks also to Scott for mentioning the interaction of the histogram and PC features. I'll have to consider turning on PC only when I really need it.

30 minutes ago, ChrisNC said:

Yes, the option was set to on in the Info Profile. It turns out that Photoworks' comment reminded me I had seen that setting for whether the histogram was permanent or just when the shutter was pressed, but I must have been being thick about it because I didn't connect the dots as to why it wasn't showing. 

Thanks also to Scott for mentioning the interaction of the histogram and PC features. I'll have to consider turning on PC only when I really need it.

FYI: once supported by Adobe, you will be able to apply automatic PC in post even if it is turned off in the camera.