First Digital M options M240, M-P240 or M262

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Strange ...

My M262 was new from 2016.

Meaning this M262 is brand new with two years warranty?

Something must be wrong ...

Two years of peace of mind ...said I.

If you can just take the first one in your list M240, then use it happily for years to come.

Edited by a.noctilux

4 minutes ago, a.noctilux said:

Strange ...

My M262 was new from 2016.

Meaning this M262 is brand new with two years warranty?

Something must be wrong ...

It was Open Box and when I asked why the previous buyer returned it. One sales rep said it never left the store while the other said it was bought for a "collection" , never used and returned within 7 days. The return exception was because the previous buyer was a friend of the store owner. I took their word for it because it was untouched without any signs of useage and the screen protector along with the bottom base protector was still new. But now I am beginning to believe there maybe more to the story where they might have knew it was a "lemon".. 

Return the "lemon", and/or if you have time, go to the store to have more explanations.

Honest/normal sellers would not sell "lemons" (= not here ...).

In my experiences, Leica sellers are more friendly than seen here.

Edited by a.noctilux
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, a.noctilux said:

Return the "lemon", and/or if you have time, go to the store to have more explanations.

I sent the store an email with pictures and videos of the camera freezing up. In the email I also stated that I want a refund. I'll keep you updated.

6 hours ago, a.noctilux said:

Store is not accepting returns and said they will be sending it for warranty. Very disappointed

Advertisement (gone after registration)

53 minutes ago, jdlaing said:

Was it a Leica store or a dealer?

Dealer. I called my Credit card company and as well as paypal to open a claim. After the dealer was notified and that I have escalated the paypal claim, the dealer sent me an email saying they will take the return and refund me for my full amount. Thank god.

Edited by 69xchange
  • Like 1

It does sound like the dealership knew full-well there was an issue with the camera.

Too many things are almost unbelieveable. That the "friend" of the dealer had the camera for six years but didn't know there was a problem; that the dealership took the camera in - and were happy to sell it - without testing it; that they would not accept a return even although they had sold the camera to you a mere three weeks earlier; that one salesperson had one story and a second a different story...and so on...and so on...

I don't know where you are based but, AFAIK, here in the UK any item bought through a dealership must be 'fit for purpose' unless marked as 'Sold as seen'. Only if described as the latter will there be no warranty provided. During my student years I spent my holidays working in a camera shop and everything bought-in to be sold s/h was tested thoroughly before it was accepted as the store would have to provide a full three-month warranty when the item would be sold-on.

"...I am beginning to believe there maybe more to the story where they might have knew it was a "lemon"..."...

I believe you are correct.

Philip.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Now you are back in the driving seat I would chime in and recommend the basic M 240.

It's ultra reliable, beautiful, and has the same IQ as the others you mention. Unlike the 262 it has live view which is tremendously useful for checking and calibrating lenses.

The MP is nice, but a glass screen protector makes the M almost an MP !! (except for the buffer which is useless for me, and the loss of the red dot which is quite cool on the black. Although on the silver I think having the whole whack, ie the red dot, looks cooler.

It's also the cheapest ... what's not to love ....