Smallest and lightest good 35mm lens for CL?

46 minutes ago, JayBird said:

I have to vote for the Voigtlander 35mm f1.4 MC Nokton. I have had mine for about 2 months now and have been very happy with it. The main difference between the single coat (SC) and multi coat (MC) is the amount of flare and degree of contrast 

The CV 35/1.4 SC v2 flares much less than i expected. Both SC v1and Summilux pre-asph can hardly compete on this point. SC v2 is not a low contrast lens either. Main difference is glow (halos around highlights) and smoother bokeh to me but my experience with the MC v2 is very limited. Sample pics into the sun and with glow below. FWIW (CL, CV 35/1.4 SC v2, f/1.4).

https://photos.smugmug.com/Diverse/n-QFBj4/Leica-digital-CL-Nokton-3514-v2-f14/i-5cpszKw/0/a2a4b4bb/X4/C1090554_si-X4.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/Diverse/n-QFBj4/Leica-digital-CL-Nokton-3514-v2-f14/i-4rc2ZSZ/0/2cfe3be2/X4/C1090529_si-X4.jpg

I have the Sigma 30/1.4 which I use quite a lot. I also have the TTartisan 35/1.4 which is manual and surprisingly good at f4 to 8. It has nice rendering at f5.6 which is my go to setting.

the Sigma is autofocus, larger but light and the TtArtisan is tiny but manual so it’s horses for courses. I prefer the autofocus.

• 3 weeks later...

Have the Summicron Asph, wasn’t quite pleased with it, unsure why. Tried CV Nokton 1.4, interesting lens. Seems sharp c. f5.6 and up. Fun but too soft wide open.
Friend said “”try the Color Skopar”, and only had a short time, but  it buries both other lenses. Did a comparison test, and surprisingly sharper across the field, and more pop, although subtle. It’s focus is a bit off, so it’s off to get shimmed, but it’s overall performance is better than the other two.