M11 and collapsible Elmar ??

johntobias

Great lens on the M11. No need to sharpen in PP with it. FF and 100% crop at f/11 below. BTW the lens does not touch anything into the body when retracting it but the tube is still very close to the roller cam so better keep the lens extended when mounting and removing it as usual.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 3/28/2022 at 4:53 PM, johntobias said:

ALEX....FAB, I've just bought one and your answer tipped the balance !  cheers 

Hi,

I have a Leica M11 Monochrome and I just bought an Elmar m 50mm. I have been looking for information regarding the risk of the collapsible tube touching the rangefinder wheel. I understand you do have this combo for a while. Could you please share your experience regarding this risk. Thanks 

António

On 3/31/2022 at 1:41 PM, johntobias said:

OK,   got my Elmar M    I can confirm , It collapses perfectly, doesnt touch anything inside and works perfectly making the M11 a fabulously compact setup AND produces stunning results .......ALL GOOD!

It is especially nice in matching chrome !

here you go.......:-

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Hi,

I have a Leica M11 Monochrome and I just bought an Elmar m 50mm. I have been looking for information regarding the risk of the collapsible tube touching the rangefinder wheel. I understand you do have this combo for a while. Did you had any problem or everything is still ok with no impact on the rangefinder focus accuracy. Thanks 

António

As i said above, the lens does not touch anything into the body when retracting it but the tube is still very close to the roller cam so better keep the lens extended when mounting and removing it as usual.