Best color strap/case for Reporter?

I am not using any case for reporter, it look too gorgeous to put on a case. The Kevlar material will also lighten up over time when expose to UV according to Leica. So I am not sure if using a case will cause a tan line o your reporter.

For strap, I am using rope strap, this is personal but I I thought green/safari color will match the reporter.  You may refer to my IG latest posting for the strap I use for Reporter.

Edited by jimtong

On 3/28/2022 at 5:56 AM, jimtong said:

I am not using any case for reporter, it look too gorgeous to put on a case. The Kevlar material will also lighten up over time when expose to UV according to Leica. So I am not sure if using a case will cause a tan line o your reporter.

For strap, I am using rope strap, this is personal but I I thought green/safari color will match the reporter.  You may refer to my IG latest posting for the strap I use for Reporter.

Yeah I thought about those tan lines. I just bought a black leather half case with the most body coverage I can find. Didn't buy the Q2MR to be a shelf queen and plan on using it. So I figured a case will keep the Kevlar intact longer but I definitely plan on watching for fading  

Use my Q2MR without any case, as straps I have Gordys wriststrap and a Gordys neckstrap (both in black). 

Also have the Cooph Straps, but prefer the Gordys on the Q2MR.

(Kevlar hasn’t started fading so far, but it definitely is much more sensitive than leather - one can see slightly lighter color where the fingers and the strap touches it regularly.)

Edited by humerc

On 4/2/2022 at 2:20 PM, NICOFRANCA said:

Yeah I thought about those tan lines. I just bought a black leather half case with the most body coverage I can find. Didn't buy the Q2MR to be a shelf queen and plan on using it. So I figured a case will keep the Kevlar intact longer but I definitely plan on watching for fading  

Maybe you can share the case if you found something that provide full coverage?

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I posted this on another forum thread.  I had an Oberwerth full access half case from my former Q2, I'm using it on my new Q2R.  I like how it looks but I am also concerned about tan lines.  Let me know what you think. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by LACANYONHIKER
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

vor 9 Stunden schrieb LACANYONHIKER:

I posted this on another forum thread.  I had an Oberwerth full access half case from my former Q2, I'm using it on my new Q2R.  I like how it looks but I am also concerned about tan lines.  Let me know what you think. 

It looks good but I wouldn’t use a case on my Q2MR. The Kevlar changes colour over time by sunlight and that will for sure give you slower progress under the case.

• Like 1

Definitely won’t be using a case on my Reporter.  Living in Seattle it’s guaranteed to be deprived of uv rays even without a case.  :)

Still loving my Okli paracord / canvas strap with PD links. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, humerc said:

It looks good but I wouldn’t use a case on my Q2MR. The Kevlar changes colour over time by sunlight and that will for sure give you slower progress under the case.

Thanks I imagine I’ll go caseless The majority of the time as well. I guess I’ll have to break down by the thumbgrip. 

• Like 1

On 4/5/2022 at 2:14 AM, liggy said:

Definitely won’t be using a case on my Reporter.  Living in Seattle it’s guaranteed to be deprived of uv rays even without a case.  :)

Still loving my Okli paracord / canvas strap with PD links. 

Which hood hat is that?  Thanks

• 2 months later...
On 3/28/2022 at 5:56 AM, jimtong said:

Where did you get your rope? I like the color. thx

My Reporter also goes caseless, with a black 'Silky' cord wrist strap from Luigi Crescenzi.

I have a half case from him for my IIf, in Military Green leather, with a Beige and Military Green leather 'Silky' cord neckstrap. That combination would go well with the Q2.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had an Artisan and Artist wrist strap that I was using on my M10.  My original plan was to pick up another one, but I actually like the red/green scheme.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/4/2022 at 10:17 PM, LACANYONHIKER said:

Nice, brand of your green strap, looks great!