Monochrome presets for SL2 & Lightroom?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi,

Apologies if this is a dumb/naive/inappropriate request, but I am wondering whether any of you know of decent (preferably free) monochrome presets for Lightroom that can be used with SL2 files.

I used to use Silver Efex Pro 2 as part of the Nik Collection, but I can't use that now on my iMac.

Thanks in advance.

If you are reasonably up to date with Lightroom, there is quite a selection of B&W "profiles". In the Profile pulldown of the Develop panel, select Browse and scroll down to B&W. You should find a selection of profiles which give quite a variety of different looks.

It may not be exactly what you want, but you might find something there that gives you a good starting point. And since it's already there, it's free!

John

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bikie John said:

If you are reasonably up to date with Lightroom, there is quite a selection of B&W "profiles". In the Profile pulldown of the Develop panel, select Browse and scroll down to B&W. You should find a selection of profiles which give quite a variety of different looks.

It may not be exactly what you want, but you might find something there that gives you a good starting point. And since it's already there, it's free!

John

Thanks, I am using some of them at present. Not exactly what I wanted but OK. See attached.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

Advertisement (gone after registration)

11 hours ago, 250swb said:

Are you sure Nik Suite can't be used on your iMac? You may have to buy it again but there is support for the latest versions

https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/uk/news/dxo-nik-collection-42-update-brings-mac-m1-support-and-speeds-up-silver-efex-pro

Thanks, I'll check that out.