Moving on with Q2 and a fp L?

reinerv

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thanks for all your input!

No decision made yet, but my way forward:

Q2 is set and will be used for 28-75mm, artificial light and walks with one camera.

I will try the fp L with the M 75 Summicron and 90mm Macro Elmarit and without the EVF. If that does not work, I may try one of the 65/75/85mm AF primes for the L mount. If that does not work either, TL2 plus the 55-135mm will be the Q2 companion.

And I will keep my M lenses for another year, maybe Leica comes up with something sized like the Q, high resolution full frame and L or even M mount.

Well the Sigma fp does a really nice job with M lenses. I have been using one for over a year now and have had (0) problems with led flickering and I like to shot indoors all the time. I use the Sigma loupe with my fp, yes it makes the camera larger and bulky but once you put it to your eyes you don't want to go back to a regular viewfinder. I have a old Linholf 220 which is a horrible camera to carry but is wonderful to use same as the fp with the loupe. I have a number of pictures posted under "Images with Sigma L mount cameras" starting on page 7 and going forward. These were all shot with M mount lenses except for a couple with a 21mm L mount TT Artisan lens. Have a look and send me a e-mail if you have any questions on the camera or whatever. I don't have a Q as I just purchased a Sony RX-1 about six months before the Q came out.

Edited by agfa100
added more content
  • Like 3

Got one now and did a few test shots with the M 75 Summicron. A few learnings: I don't need a viewfinder, grip, new desktop and new bag. I definitely need more battery packs.

Camera feels rock solid, closer to a SL than to a Sony A7r.

The photo was taken with the M 75 Summicron at f/2.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Tested with artificial light, exposure time was 1/100s. No banding. Lens was the SL 75, wonderful lens.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Sold the SL2 but kept both 16-35 and 24-90 zooms to use with the Sigma fp-l. Have the evf and weight savings and bulk reduction are tangible. Shooting still landscapes only so prefer full frame vs APS-C. Using the larger Sigma handgrip definitely helps improve stability. 

Edited by o2mpx
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 3/23/2022 at 6:27 PM, reinerv said:

Thanks again. One thing I am pretty clear about: I will not buy a CL to replace the TL2 to use it with the 55-135 zoom. I will consider the TL2 plus zoom as a travel option with the Q2.

This I will do definitely, also to see how the functionality is with M lenses (e. g. auto magnification, focus peaking).

My choice already made is the Q3 and a VLUX-5

• 6 months later...

Negative mainstream concerning FP and FPL. FPL got higher image quality than most others. If u make pics from moving cars mayby running dogs or similar use your iPhone. Works better for that than Sony A1. But for landscape stills or indoor without LED like churches FPL is hardly beaten by anything on the market. Add old Leica R glas (e.g. 50mm 2.0 or 21 mm 4.0 via adapter or panasonic 16 35) your foto quality will be unique and unbeatable.

On 4/12/2022 at 1:48 PM, jankap said:

Banding depends on the shutter speed. Also the light source is important. 

And can be caused by PDAF pixels.