Hasselblad H adapter

Sarnian

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I buckled and bought a second-hand Hasselblad HCD 24mm lens. I already had the adapter from when I had a HCD 28mm but with the HCD 24mm it focusses fine but the aperture reads f1 and can't be changed (I'm using A mode). The adapter worked properly with the HCD 28mm. A local professional photographer checked the lens out on his Hasselblad H6 and all apertures worked so it's therefore not the lens that's at fault but my adapter. My 30-90mm has lens firmware 134.47.9.0 whereas my adapter has firmware 133.8.0.0. Perhaps my adapter needs its firmware updated to work the HCD 24mm properly? I tried updating the firmware as one does with a lens (holding in the AF control knob-thing when turning the camera on) but as my 007 has the latest firmware (5.0.0.0) the camera doesn't initiate any firmware updates. Do I have to send my adapter off to Leica to be updated? I have e-mailed them but I haven't had a response back yet. 

Thanks in advance. 

2 hours ago, GLAUMAX said:

The issue comes probably from the fact that, contrary to the HD28mm, the HD24mm is not listed as compatible with the adapter.

https://leica-camera.com/en-MY/photography/accessories/adapters/s-adapter-h

Oh! Now I'm hoping that the list was compiled before the HCD 24mm was released (because it's not listed as being incompatible...)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

From the horse's mouth:-

"I apologize for the late reply. I wanted to get a definitive answer first. (as you may have noticed, the 24mm was neither listed under compatible nor incompatible.)

Unfortunately, it belongs to the incompatible lenses."

Drat! 😶