Billingham bag for S with one lens (30-90mm)

alainD

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I saw many threads talking about carrying a S with several lenses. I'm actually looking for a bag to only carry the S3 with a single lens, like a 30-90mm for a small walk around kit.
I have the Billingham SL2, but the S does not fit in there. Does any one knows if that combo will fir in a Billingham 225 or 207?

Thanks

Alain

12 minutes ago, John McMaster said:

With or without (sizable) hood?  I do not bother with a bag if only carrying a single lens.

john

With. But could be folded back. I need a bag to avoid banging the camera everywhere when I put it in the car or go to a restaurant.

Alain

Edited by alainD

12 hours ago, alainD said:

I saw many threads talking about carrying a S with several lenses. I'm actually looking for a bag to only carry the S3 with a single lens, like a 30-90mm for a small walk around kit.
I have the Billingham SL2, but the S does not fit in there. Does any one knows if that combo will fir in a Billingham 225 or 207?

Thanks

Alain

I have the Billingham 207 and pack my SL2 and R8 with a bunch of R lenses and SL lenses. I do not have the 30-90, but I have the 24.  You can fit the S with a lens attached, but may have to move or re-move some of the divider squares.  I love that bag, finally tore up and old one, before the 207 and it was the best replacement I could get.

I’m sure there are other out there, but since you mentioned the 207, that is my opinion..

6 hours ago, davidmknoble said:

I have the Billingham 207 and pack my SL2 and R8 with a bunch of R lenses and SL lenses. I do not have the 30-90, but I have the 24.  You can fit the S with a lens attached, but may have to move or re-move some of the divider squares.  I love that bag, finally tore up and old one, before the 207 and it was the best replacement I could get.

I’m sure there are other out there, but since you mentioned the 207, that is my opinion..

Thank you, that helps a lot. I was thinking about removing the dividers entirely. If it is not too much trouble, could you post a picture with the 207 wide open and the S+24mm in it? Thanks in advance!

Alain

2 hours ago, alainD said:

Thank you, that helps a lot. I was thinking about removing the dividers entirely. If it is not too much trouble, could you post a picture with the 207 wide open and the S+24mm in it? Thanks in advance!

Alain

Will do, it’s tax season here, LOL, I’ll try to do that in a day or so…

@alainD. Here are a few photos of the 207 with the S3 and the 24mm S.  There is room for more. I did not take out my dividers or the m lenses. So I just laid them on top. Also show a side view for height and put them in sideways to see the fit. Hope this helps. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1