Flickr image links no longer working

Beena22

Advertisement (gone after registration)

When I share a photo on the site I always choose to insert an image from a URL via the 'Other Media' option and pop in a Flickr link.  This doesn't appear to be working at the moment.  Is this unique to Flickr or for all URLs?  I'm hoping that this is just a glitch.

Test.

Edit. This seems to work, but I do it differently to you. I copy the link from Flickr and just paste it here without using the “other media” thing.

Edited by ianman

The use of Flickr links to display your images is not the optimal way; the Flickr URLs often get shifted around, causing the photograph to disappear from this forum. Using our own uploader is easy, effective and far more secure.

2 hours ago, jaapv said:

The use of Flickr links to display your images is not the optimal way; the Flickr URLs often get shifted around, causing the photograph to disappear from this forum. Using our own upload er is easy, effective and far more secure.

It’s more convenient to simply share the Flickr link though rather than having to download the image from Flickr and then resizing and uploading it to this forum. 

Has anything changed on the site to prevent Flickr links though Jaapv?

Edit: Doesn’t matter as like ianman said - you can just paste the link directly into the reply and it will insert it now.  Crisis averted 😀

Edited by Beena22

• 1 month later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Test

Edited by 4r36

On 3/21/2022 at 2:04 PM, Beena22 said:

It’s more convenient to simply share the Flickr link though rather than having to download the image from Flickr and then resizing and uploading it to this forum. 

Has anything changed on the site to prevent Flickr links though Jaapv?

Edit: Doesn’t matter as like ianman said - you can just paste the link directly into the reply and it will insert it now.  Crisis averted 😀

The trick is to resize and save for the forum at the same time that you save for Flickr. I am not on Flickr as I dislike the community there, but for other photo sites I do downsize my images anyway, as I don't like giving them away for free.

vor 20 Minuten schrieb jaapv:

The trick is to resize and save for the forum at the same time that you save for Flickr. I am not on Flickr as I dislike the community there, but for other photo sites I do downsize my images anyway, as I don't like giving them away for free.

I understand your point Jaap, but, since I'm on Flickr, I find the linking process way easier. Some photos that I upload there are larger than 10MB and exceed the 2048 pixels. It takes me a lot of time to both downsize and resize them (but I'm a noob, maybe there's a way to do both at the same time).

I'm sorry to hear that you dislike the community. I don't have a lot of experience with it to be honest. But I do like the possibility of uploading large images, and, more importantly, I like the fact that I see everything that is posted by the people who I follow, without the need to look into their profiles. On instagram, for example, this has become basically impossible...

• 3 months later...
On 3/21/2022 at 4:50 PM, Beena22 said:

When I share a photo on the site I always choose to insert an image from a URL via the 'Other Media' option and pop in a Flickr link.  This doesn't appear to be working at the moment.  Is this unique to Flickr or for all URLs?  I'm hoping that this is just a glitch.

Hi!

Are you having trouble hotlinking your images hosted on flickr.com then displaying them on this forum?

I am having trouble viewing hotlinked & non-hotlinked images on my desktop browser whether it be Firefox, Safari or Chrome but no problem with the iPhone or iPad flickr app.

• 11 months later...

• 1 month later...

In flickr. go to Share Tab.. copy and just paste here.. done!

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...