M11 Black Paint: Can someone share experience?

Janjan

On 7/16/2022 at 11:38 AM, satijntje said:

There is no black paint M11!
The last black paint M camera that Leica produced was the M10-R Black Paint,
and it is beautiful, especially when paired with the 50mm Summilux black paint lens!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, jakontil said:

black colour to be precise since black paint is unofficially black paint 

Leica USA calls the black M11 "Black Finish".

9 hours ago, hdmesa said:

Leica USA calls the black M11 "Black Finish".

Now no conflicts… finish it is..

black paint is a black paint 😂😂😂

users will get confused in regards to black paint M10R otherwise 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Garychou said:

I have mine after 1 month and notices theres some mark on it under sunshine,

cant wipe it off, thinks it might be the coating failure ?

On 7/25/2022 at 3:47 AM, hdmesa said:

Maybe the word "finish" has a different connotation Down Under 🙃

Down here the word finish, has special connotations-

especially with the words. 'Completed’  and 'Finished.'

For example -

When you marry the right woman, you are "Complete." If you marry the wrong woman, you are "Finished." And, when the right woman catches you with the wrong woman, you are "Completely Finished.'

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

On 11/20/2022 at 6:22 PM, jaapv said:

If it is black paint it will become marked and wear off in places. It is called Brassing and is highly prized by the owners.

I don't think the black M11 has brass underneath the top plate though does it? Pretty sure the silver version is still brass. 

The paint on the M11 feels much closer to the black chrome of the M10-m and MA than it does to the gorgeous black paint of the MP.  It's a shame because I really like the gloss black finish, especially how it feels in-hand. I think I might be in a minority there though. 

2 hours ago, Stevejack said:

I don't think the black M11 has brass underneath the top plate though does it? Pretty sure the silver version is still brass. 

The paint on the M11 feels much closer to the black chrome of the M10-m and MA than it does to the gorgeous black paint of the MP.  It's a shame because I really like the gloss black finish, especially how it feels in-hand. I think I might be in a minority there though. 

The black m11 will not show brass under the paint because the top plate is aluminum..  if the paint goes off by the time silver color of aluminum will start to show just like the Q .. The black paint m10 R is a glossy black paint  on brass top plate.. the black paint m11 is a special matte black paint on aluminum top plate .. but how durable it is; I guess the time will show .. but the thing I know is the grip of the new black paint is really nice to hold ..

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MyLeicaWorld said:

The black m11 will not show brass under the paint because the top plate is aluminum..  if the paint goes off by the time silver color of aluminum will start to show just like the Q .. The black paint m10 R is a glossy black paint  on brass top plate.. the black paint m11 is a special matte black paint on aluminum top plate .. but how durable it is; I guess the time will show .. but the thing I know is the grip of the new black paint is really nice to hold ..

Well, I've used mine daily since it arrived in July 2020, it's been on several trips, and the paint finish is extremely resilient (no marks where the straps have rubbed only one mark where it was dropped 6ft onto a road 🙄. I'd say it's considerably more resilient than the old black chrome. Certainly much much tougher than the black on the Q2 and SL2 cameras 

• Like 4