Braided Leather Strap or Flat?

DonovanMediiaCenter,  First, welcome to the forum.  Second, flat leather can slip.  Third, you might consider how you want the strap to work...over the shoulder, across the chest.  I gave up on neck straps long ago, especially when I owned the Q.  For me,  I use a wrist strap from RocknRoll on all my cameras, nothing more.  My neck is a lot better off without it.  There are many vendors out there with all types of straps.  It gets down to personal preference.  I am certain other forum photographers will chime in with their well meaning ideas.    r/ Mark

Try:  www.rocknrollstraps.com 

For a long strap I prefer it to be a bit slippy, because I wear it across the body with the camera on the right. The strap needs to slip when I bring it up to the eye.

Wearing a strap just around the neck with the camera at the front is too uncomfortable for me and doesn't restrain the camera from swinging. But I don't see how being slippy or not makes a difference here.

The only time I can think a non-slip strap is a benefit is when you carry it on just one shoulder, which is a high risk use.

Most of the time I use only a wrist strap though! And I have no long leather straps - just the Leica nylon version (unused) and a Luigi 'silky' strap (occasionally on my M4).

• Like 1