Dose anyone wanted Perspective Control in Leica M11 on Leica M11?

Leica Land

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 3/18/2022 at 5:46 PM, LBJ2 said:

I have run into a few wonky situations too both with the in-camera feature and with the same feature when applied in Lightroom. I am sure my lens, the angle with which I held the camera relative to the angle/size of the subject and maybe a few other settings presents a total scenario the software doesn't know how to handle. I haven't been able to pin it down yet. But for the most part I've had pretty good results. But I do tend to use it for architecture or compositions that include architecture.

Probably because it can’t handle skew, because it can’t know your intention. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, elmars said:

But we have to wait for an LR update. Before this it doesn´t work with DNG files. 

If on M11 it works anything like it does on M10-R the perspective correction data gets embedded in DNG and can be recalled via Camera Raw with one click as mentioned in post #17.

33 minutes ago, Al Brown said:

If on M11 it works anything like it does on M10-R the perspective correction data gets embedded in DNG and can be recalled via Camera Raw with one click as mentioned in post #17.

The data is encoded, but LrC does not recognize it yet. M11 is still not officially supported by Adobe.

• 4 weeks later...

I worked a lot with that new feature since it is available. One big benefit is that while shooting you have a good feeling already of what will be cropped off. You certainly know many cases where the steeple of the church is just curt off when doing the perspective control only in post processing. So the new feature is a great help. Still you can go into lightroom and correct that control to your likings. There is no need to keep what the camera has done. It is just a help. Most time the result is perfect.

• Like 1

There is a bug though that I found out: While framing with the perspective control ON you can nNOT press the 1,3 or 1.8 crop button. When you do so then the perspective control is immediately turned OFF. You have then to go into menu to turn it on again. Then it stays on even though you have the crop mode used as well. So there is a turn around. But not very comfortable.