Same price on M10-r and M11

Rono1

vor einer Stunde schrieb duoenboge:

The M10-R is the better choice. Why should the M10-R be cheaper?

I prefer the M10-R too - in fact I just bought a mint M10-R BP. However, currently there is no need to pay list price for the M10-R - you can easly find better prices.

Edited by mkur
  • Like 2

Some may opt to buy a new M10-R, simply because there is no waiting list. At the Leica dealer nearest me, one could not normally just walk into the place, and buy an M10, until more than a year after the January 2017 release date, and, I did not know whether I wanted to buy an M10, until I handled one, in April, 2018, one of the first ones that had not been sold to wait-listed buyer. Some needs/wants/likes are more urgent, than others. I would like to have a quieter* shutter, than the original M10, for some environments, so, might buy an M10-R, if I were to become aware of a specific photographic opportunity, and wanted to have more than 24MP available, for color images, while using one or more M lenses. A different environment, such as a trip to the Southwestern USA, with its night-scape opportunities, might prompt me to try more earnestly to source an M11, which can do some things that an M10-R cannot.

In my case, I am not averse to buying well-preserved, pre-owned cameras, so, would not, necessarily, pay the price of a “new” M10-R, but, some buyers might strongly prefer to be original owners of their cameras.

Having already bought a well-preserved, pre-owned APO Summicron-M 75mm ASPH, this year, I am trying to avoid significant equipment purchases, such as cameras, in the near term.

*I am not yet certain whether the M11’s shutter sound is as quiet, or otherwise as unobtrusive, as that of the M10-R.

• 3 months later...

If money is not an issue, get the M11.

If money is an issue, the M10R is still an outstanding camera (said the guy who is still shooting with a 7 year old M-P 240 and a Q2).

Still, I would get the M11 if at all possible.

Edited by Herr Barnack

I still keep both, but for same or near the price, I’d get the M11, both are equally capable sensors, but the M11 is the latest with practical improvements such as battery and usb C, though i dont always use the latter

unless, the R we talking is a black paint