Poll: Who already has a Leica M11? ... or pre-ordered or firmly planned...

LUF Admin

Do you already have a Leica M11 - or are you planning to purchase one?  

568 members have voted

1. 1. Do you already have a Leica M11 - or are you planning to purchase one?

• I already have a Leica M11
    • I've placed a order for a Leica M11
    • I'm firmly planning to buy a Leica M11
    • I'm still thinking and waiting
    • I'm not interested in a Leica M11

None of the above.

To be clear, I neither have one, nor have ordered. I am not waiting or thinking of buying one. I would consider it if and when I need to replace my M9 which is still perfectly adequate and frankly corresponds to my needs more than an M11 does.

Edited by ianman
  • Like 9

I've had the black M11 since January. It's my first M. So I can't compare it to other Ms. In any case, I'm very satisfied and, despite bad eyesight, I can use the rangefinder better than I thought. The Visoflex 2 is good and comparable to my Q2. But I often find the range finder actually better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/14/2022 at 4:00 PM, TeeGee said:

I've had the black M11 since January. It's my first M. So I can't compare it to other Ms. In any case, I'm very satisfied and, despite bad eyesight, I can use the rangefinder better than I thought. The Visoflex 2 is good and comparable to my Q2. But I often find the range finder actually better.

Yes this was my experience in the Leica Store, I could focus the 11 using the Split-Image method with my deteriorating eyesight. Of course also with M-lenses hyperfocal and zone focussing is easy (with some practice). So mine is on order but I doubt I will receive it for another 2 months or so. The store said 3 months. 

• Like 1

Back into M system with M10R which I sold when I got the M11 on day one. Loving it.

Was at a 2 day event on foot with M11 and Fuji 100S. Day 1 Fuji and day 2 M11. I am now rethinking my need for a 100MP camera which weighs so much more. It comes down to what does one do with your images. I now print largest 17x22 unless wanting a large print which I send out to do.

So 60MP is plenty for me. I do like AF at times and use the Q2 especially with moving subjects. I use it on tracking most often.

Got my black M11 mid of January together with the new Visoflex... Sold my M10R. I love it!! But: out and about in nature most of my photos are taken with  the SL2 and the 24-90, 90-280 or Sigma 100-400 which is much easier to carry.

I got my M111 purely for the long exposure capabilities. I was perfectly happy with my M10R otherwise.

What has happened is many of the features I assumed would only be incremental upgrades have become very useful. Really the only thing I don't like is the location of the tripod socket. I know it's in line with the lens but I need to remove it to get to the memory and battery. On the M10/M/P/R you can use an RRS base which is MUCH faster to access the battery and card.

I still use my other systems as well when I need AF or some other functions. The M11 is a welcome addition though.

Gordon

Seven out of my eight M lenses were introduced 20+ years ago (1994-2002). Don't think they are the best choice for such a high resolution sensor. Besides, I don't really have a need for such a high resolution. Yes, it's fun to zoom into the details of a picture on screen, but at the end of the day I don't print that large. Happy to stay with the M10 for now.

• Like 5

Got mine 2 weeks ago………and I love it.

The colors OOC are wonderful.  I am so happy with the electronic shutter.

The M11 is a game changer…..

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 13

I received mine during the week it was released.

My first M11 was a black one, but as the function buttons did not react as they should be (this was solved later by firmware update), I returned it and got a silver chrom  one.
Best M ever, for sure, very happy with it, especially when combining it with 35 and 50mm VM APO lenses.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 6

Got my M11 a little over a week after  they shipped (thanks for Leica USA Online -- I had neglected to order in late Fall 2021).  Got the VF2 a week later.  I've had a 24mm Elmarit glued to it most of the time since then,.  I focus with the rangefinder, and compose with the VF2.  Recently I've had access to a 24" by whatever (roll paper) printer, and some empty walls to fill, so I have been printing relatively large, and the extra resolution that a 10-R or 11 provides really shows.  (or an SL2, for that matter.)

Edited by scott kirkpatrick
  • Like 1

Got mine for, about 2 months, buggy but works fine 90% of the time. Until 3 days ago, the screen has stopped responding to any touch input. Reset multiple times, no luck, emailed customer service, no response. do i enjoy the camera? most of the time, yes. Do i regret my purchase decision? also Yes! 

I am a long term M system lover, and will always be.  Starting with the M6, M7, Epson RD-1, M8, M9, M240, and now M10R and a group of 7 Leica lenses (and one Zeiss 15mm) that

have served me well with every body, I have come to learn that I am honestly (by a significant margin) the limiting factor in my photography.  I cannot yet meet the limits of my M bodies, so it would simply be a matter of spending money on something that is not the weakest link in my photography.  I hope to become better with my M10R as I practice more, but I still have a long way ahead of me....

• Like 2