M11 Sensor Cleaning

SJH

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just got back from a trip and after using my M11 extensively perhaps not surprisingly I have a dust spot on the sensor.

I'm absolutely fine with sensor cleaning on my Leica's but given recent idiosyncrasies, like the latest firmware bricking, I thought I'd just check in to see if anyone has completed this but would like to make us all aware of any things to look out for with the new shutter etc. I've checked the manual and all very similar to the M10 series in many respects.

Loving the M11 overall such a great upgrade in a number of ways for me.

Thanks 

1 hour ago, SJH said:

Just got back from a trip and after using my M11 extensively perhaps not surprisingly I have a dust spot on the sensor.

I'm absolutely fine with sensor cleaning on my Leica's but given recent idiosyncrasies, like the latest firmware bricking, I thought I'd just check in to see if anyone has completed this but would like to make us all aware of any things to look out for with the new shutter etc. I've checked the manual and all very similar to the M10 series in many respects.

Loving the M11 overall such a great upgrade in a number of ways for me.

Thanks 

In most cases, a blower will be able to dislodge the dust (keep the camera upside down). That is very safe as long as the blower tip is not touching the sensor. 

Menu 4 > Camera Setting > Sensor Cleaning exposes the sensor to be cleaned.

Posted (edited)

Make sure the battery is (close to) fully charged.

Try a blower first.

Otherwise perform wet cleaning.

I have used the Rollei camera sensor cleaning set (full frame) for many years. The sensor rods are save and easy to use. Have done it once on my M11 already. 

Edited by anickpick