TL 11-23 raw samples

You might want to look at LFI and the T/TL/TL2/CL section for shots taken using the 11-23. I "think" they carry RAW data but I'm not sure.

I only shoot RAW but of course every shot here is converted to jpeg.

On an entirely subjective level I put this lens just behind the 28mm f1.7 lens on the Q/Q2 and a little ahead of the 55-135 lens. I've not used the TL 35mm so can't comment.

But the 11-23 for me makes shooting feel like an occasion and I'm usually happier with a higher % of shots from this lens than others.

Would I buy it again? Without question.

• Like 1

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I found a few on DP Review under their samples section for the TL2. Looking at the files, my only concern is the noise:

https://www.dpreview.com/sample-galleries/1258823096/leica-tl2-sample-gallery/2246061199

How did you find the low light performance? Were you using the CL?

Many thanks,

Nige.

I think the 11-23 is my best lens on the CL, love the results. I still use the 23 for low light and smallish size, though the 11-23 is better at 23mm. Anyway this lens is a keeper. Low light on the CL, good at 800, decent at 1600, OK at 3200, fairly noisy at 6400. The DNG files are so nice at ISO 100-400 I try to stay there. There are several threads on using denoise software here, I haven't. I compared files at 3200 ISO with an M-P 240 and the CL the CL was better with no banding. I do maybe 10% of my photos above 400, I'll hand hold to 1/8 of a second, put on the 23 and use f2 or f2.8. At 11mm on the 11-23 it is f3.5, here a larger lens helps holding the camera steady.

• Like 2

TL 11-23mm is a superb lens ... and available s/h from eg Ffordes . Low light performance will depend more on the photographer's approach and the camera used ... 

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/290932-stamford-lincs-uk-architecture/?do=findComment&comment=4361993. low light image ... TL 11-23mm used with S1R ... bought my TL 11-23mm secondhand and saved a few £hundred compared to buying new 

dunk

• Like 3

On 3/8/2022 at 3:31 PM, dkCambridgeshire said:

TL 11-23mm is a superb lens ... and available s/h from eg Ffordes . Low light performance will depend more on the photographer's approach and the camera used ... 

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/290932-stamford-lincs-uk-architecture/?do=findComment&comment=4361993. low light image ... TL 11-23mm used with S1R ... bought my TL 11-23mm secondhand and saved a few £hundred compared to buying new 

dunk

Thank you,

Lovely images, love Burghley House :)

Nige.

• Thanks 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Have only an 11-23 on my TL2 and it shoots superbly. IQ is 9/10. Here are some shots I recently took. My 2 gripes with the lens are it’s size and speed. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

I had this Lens until I sold my CL. It is awesome.

• Like 2

I have to agree about the quality of the 11-23. Of the 3 lenses I have for the CL, it probably spends the most time on the camera. The next most used lens is the 18-56. I find it to be a good all round travel lens.

Here is a shot from a local car show. 13mm, ISO 200, f7.1, 1/13 second.

• Like 4