Spam adverts when clicking on a forum link

Keith (M)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Happened yesterday (Wed) and again this morning - clicked to open the Bar and an advert appeared, blocking access.  Hopefully not to be repeated!  Running Safari v15.3 on MacOS Monterey 12.2.1.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

@LUF Admin

I am now also getting a footer advert for Adobe, despite being a premium member. There is more to be done here, I am afraid.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

It is not as bad as some advert banners covering half a page and when you click on the close box X, instead of closing, it takes you to their scuzzy scamming page. Social media should ban advertisers permanently who do this. I am sure it contravenes the terms and conditions that the advertisers agree to when joining these media.

The other thing I particularly abhor is on otherwise very respectable websites like BBC News. When you access this from outside the UK, even if you sign in, there is not just loads of advertising, which I sort of understand to fund an otherwise free news resource but also loads of scammers, crypto thieves and click-bait monkeys are paying the BBC to be allowed to advertise on their sites. Are these really the sort of folk who the BBC wants to be associated with.

Wilson

The adverts are probably fed from some sort of agency or agglomerated source, as I am sure that the BBC wouldn't have much truck with scammers, thieves and monkeys.

Well... leave that thought with me for a while 

• Thanks 1

On 3/4/2022 at 5:12 PM, LUF Admin said:

Sorry for that. Just had a tough talk with my advertisement provider…

Andreas

Good Morning Andreas - perhaps you could give them another 'stern talking to' ?  First click to open the forum today (just now) resulted in another Oppo Mobile advert.  

• Like 1

When I clicked on this thread for the first time about half an hour ago, I had the add as well.

But now I don't see any adds anymore whenever I move around in the Forum. Perhaps the issue can be solved by a simple reload of the browser. 

Edit: Sorry, but after I signed out and in again I had the adds again. 

Edited by UliWer