M11 visoflex

Klassika

Advertisement (gone after registration)

5 hours ago, LEGEND said:

it sounds like losen screw, broken peace of some plastic or similar... when you move the Visoflex 2 like that it bounces around inside the body... there is no image stabilisation in the Visoflex 2... only digital one that the camera make and than present on the EVF or LCD screen... if the Visoflex 2 work than is that not a problem... it is only annoying to hear this rattle all the time when you move the camera... but who know what can happen in the future... perhaps this could make a problem with electronics or something... better replace it if you can...

I heard the sound during my pick up of both M11 & Visoflex 2. Good that i heard the weird sound. But the dealer checked with his other customer who also has the similar "condition", so he claim this is normal. It still feel very strange to me and that's why i'm here asking all your opinion. 

I think i better email the video to Leica customer care to be sure.

Thanks

55 minutes ago, FlashGordonPhotography said:

Picked mine up today. Has the same rattle. Seems to work OK so I don't see a problem.

Gordon

Hi Gordon, are you saying your Visoflex 2 also makes the similar noise?

I just received a reply from Leica customer care, they said from the video sounds like there is something rolling around in it. And Visoflex should definitely not make any sounds.  I'm going to back to my dealer and get it replaced.

2 hours ago, AndrewK said:

I just received a reply from Leica customer care, they said from the video sounds like there is something rolling around in it. And Visoflex should definitely not make any sounds.  I'm going to back to my dealer and get it replaced.

Andrew

no noise.  Get it replaced.

12 hours ago, AndrewK said:

If I take it off the camera and give it a shake it clunks when shook in a fore/aft direction. Nothing side to side. I do have to give it a proper shake though. Had someone not brought it up I doubt I'd have noticed it. It's not something that happens in normal use or with normal camera movement. It doesn't sound like something is rolling around inside. It needs a solid shake.

I'll give the store a call but really I'm not concerned about it. It's working fine. It's not like I'm going to be shaking it deliberately in normal use.

Gordon

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I came across this post from a M11 FB group and find it very shocking. A reminder to myself to use the Visoflex carefully…

I have a M11 for one month, and was very happy to find a polished interface with few drawbacks (notably the inability to custom the FN button menus- just like my Cl; but for another thread), until yesterday when the Visoflex 2 would not switch to EVF before several seconds, in any mode- auto, extended, even manual. The sensitivity setting did not help. (For example, in extended mode, I had largely the time to review images before the switch to LCD, which is not supposed to happen).

This makes shooting with the Visoflex almost impossible.

After very bad experiences with a M9 a decade ago, I was relieve to come back to M with a « normal » product, but…..

As anyone experienced this?

I have a M11 for one month, and was very happy to find a polished interface with few drawbacks (notably the inability to custom the FN button menus- just like my Cl; but for another thread), until yesterday when the Visoflex 2 would not switch to EVF before several seconds, in any mode- auto, extended, even manual. The sensitivity setting did not help. (For example, in extended mode, I had largely the time to review images, which is not supposed to happen).

After very bad experiences with a M9 a decade ago, I was relieve to come back to M with a « normal » product, but…..

I have a M11 for one month, and was very happy to find a polished interface with few drawbacks (notably the inability to custom the FN button menus- just like my Cl; but for another thread), until yesterday when the Visoflex 2 would not switch to EVF before several seconds, in any mode- auto, extended, even manual. The sensitivity setting did not help. (For example, in extended mode, I had largely the time to review images, which is not supposed to happen).

(Knokke le Zoute, Contax Hologon 16/8)

Posted (edited)
On 3/12/2022 at 10:36 PM, AndrewK said:

I came across this post from a M11 FB group and find it very shocking. A reminder to myself to use the Visoflex carefully…

Perhaps, but for anyone that's hearing a rattling noise I suspect the good news is that the photograph above is showing you the likely culprit(s). I've never noticed any sounds, but it seems like nothing to worry about. 

Edited by Tailwagger

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2022 at 7:33 AM, Rubi said:

(Knokke le Zoute, Contax Hologon 16/8)

Just picked up the Visoflex 2 for my M11 three days ago. I’ve been experiencing the same issue. Seems to happen when my camera goes into sleep mode. I end up having to power it off, remove Visoflex 2, reinsert and power back on. Hopefully a firmware can fix this issue, but taking it back to the store just in case 😕

8 hours ago, theoccameraguy said:

Just picked up the Visoflex 2 for my M11 three days ago. I’ve been experiencing the same issue. Seems to happen when my camera goes into sleep mode. I end up having to power it off, remove Visoflex 2, reinsert and power back on. Hopefully a firmware can fix this issue, but taking it back to the store just in case 😕

Has the issue not been fixed with firmware 1.3.0.0?