M11 visoflex

Klassika

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello leicafans,

I am thinking of buying the M11 visoflex for the silver M11. I know it only comes in black, no problen. But I read in some topics that the visoflex causes traces of use on the body when removing. Can somebody comment on this please or is this fake news?

No issues if any scratches or residue from the visoflex 2 on my silver m11.  It snaps in tightly and has never come off accidentally.  I will confess that I rarely use it, but am happy to have it for times where it comes in handy.

11 hours ago, johntobias said:

Backorder in the UK   I've one on order for use with my adapted lenses and critical focus on my 75mm

Was available at Leica Online Store.  I registered for email notifications and it popped into my inbox this morning.  I ordered one, but it's now showing as out of stock again.  I guess they don't get many.

I've found the best way to get those more elusive products is to register with the Leica Online Store for email notifications.  Managed to secure a 50mm f1.2 Noctilux and the lesser spotted 35mm APO, but you still have to be quick off the mark!

Edited by T25UFO

On 3/2/2022 at 5:53 PM, pmendelson said:

The Visoflex seems as hard or harder to come by than a M11!  Have they been for sale anywhere in the US?  Or still a very long backorder situation?

Apparently there are a lot of closet EVF users out there.  Given all the RF machismo on display here, who knew? 🤣

• Haha 7

On 3/3/2022 at 3:24 AM, Klassika said:

Hello leicafans,

I am thinking of buying the M11 visoflex for the silver M11. I know it only comes in black, no problen. But I read in some topics that the visoflex causes traces of use on the body when removing. Can somebody comment on this please or is this fake news?

Never seen the traces caused by the visoflex used normally, either M10P or M11. I usually take it off when put the camera into the bag, so I think that is ok if use it carefully. 

The VisoflexII in the M11 is really much better than the former types, the view area is wide and clear, almost no dark period when shooting photos quickly, that is really useful as a EVF finder as the same feeling like using a mirrorless cameras.

What are folks’ thoughts on using the VF2 in low-light scenes such as concert photography?

I took an APO 90 for a spin with my M10M for a weekend covering some great live music. Used RF only, which was fine when within 10 rows or so of the stage, but aggressively and haphazardly bracketed focus when positioned further back.

Couldn’t help but wonder how an M11+VF2 would fare against an SL2-S for a longer M lens in this scenario, considering I shot mostly at ISO 12500 between f2-4. Specifically regarding ability to more consistently achieve critical focus in near-absent lighting, not worried about resolution/megapixels nor high ISO image quality.

My guess is that the SL2-S comes out on top.

21 minutes ago, caloosajo said:

What are folks’ thoughts on using the VF2 in low-light scenes such as concert photography?

I took an APO 90 for a spin with my M10M for a weekend covering some great live music. Used RF only, which was fine when within 10 rows or so of the stage, but aggressively and haphazardly bracketed focus when positioned further back.

Couldn’t help but wonder how an M11+VF2 would fare against an SL2-S for a longer M lens in this scenario, considering I shot mostly at ISO 12500 between f2-4. Specifically regarding ability to more consistently achieve critical focus in near-absent lighting, not worried about resolution/megapixels nor high ISO image quality.

My guess is that the SL2-S comes out on top.

I was just focusing at night in the park yesterday with M11 range finder and some on VF2. It was hard to see and to focus.

The Sl2s experience is going to be a night and day difference with M11 VF2.

The VF2 has half the display resolution of the SL2s, and it really shows. You have to zoom in most of the time to focus.
With the Sl2 I can just focus with the noctilux 0.95 with no problem without zooming in...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just picked up my visoflex  2 last night. Love the image quality!!

But when i put that on the new M11, as i move the camera (and the EVF) left and right, i can hear a weird sound coming out from the visoflex. It sounds like there is something inside that visoflex went lose and that make me a bit worry if it's defect.

Can anyone share their experience?

I will upload a short video later tonight. Thanks

vor 5 Stunden schrieb AndrewK:

It sounds like there is something inside that visoflex went lose and that make me a bit worry if it's defect.

Some kind of image stabilization (EVF only, of course) going on may be? That's what I would guess.

1 hour ago, M11 for me said:

Sounds broken to me . . .

The IS is purely electronic and would not make any sound.

Yes. The IS is electronic and likely based in the camera (affects LCD as well), not in the Visoflex 2.

it sounds like losen screw, broken peace of some plastic or similar... when you move the Visoflex 2 like that it bounces around inside the body... there is no image stabilisation in the Visoflex 2... only digital one that the camera make and than present on the EVF or LCD screen... if the Visoflex 2 work than is that not a problem... it is only annoying to hear this rattle all the time when you move the camera... but who know what can happen in the future... perhaps this could make a problem with electronics or something... better replace it if you can...

12 hours ago, M11 for me said:

Sounds broken to me . . .

The IS is purely electronic and would not make any sound.

that's what i was afraid too. but the dealer told me his other client who also purchase visoflex 2, also experience similar sound.

i guess i'd better check with Leica customer care.