Leica's Optical Department

rosuna

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am very interested in the chiefs of the optical department at Leica, including dates, designs, philosophy, etc. I included a section for this subject in the Wikipedia "Leica" article, and updated the "Walter Mandler" article, but a lot of information is missing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

rosuna: your comments dropped into a black hole. Maybe if you're still out there we could get together, have a beer, and commiserate as I have had the same experience. Everyone's time is so precious and of course more important to be taking pictures. That's OK but some of us drones need to beaver away so that the records are saved and all is not lost in the financial or other bonfire.

Anyway, thanks for your efforts: noted and appreciated.

Tim

Rosuna,

Walter Mandler now has a proper place on our English LeicaWiki. Working through the night a battalion of us worker bees have put together a framework for Mandler and some of the other early and current Leica chiefs to reside.

However, except for your fine work on Mandler, only the bones are in place. We need your help to flesh out the meat. Take a look (third bar in at the top of this page) and we think you'll like what you see (and if you don't, the great thing about a Wiki is that it's so easy to change).

______

Timbee

--------- ''We have only just begun and could use your help.''

• 8 months later...

No luck yet.

I introduced a list of Leica's optical designers into the "Leica" term, and now it disappeared! Even the "Walter Mandler" article is now "orphan".

References to Marx, Kölsch, Karbe, etc... were erased from Wikipedia...