M11 IQ comparable to S?

setuporg

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Doesn’t seem to bother Andy in Colorado, and this is with the less robustly sealed M9 (compared to M10/11) …

I also use my Ms in inclement weather, within reason.  The SL2, though, provides more assurance and flexibility, especially with sealed SL zooms.

Jeff

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Stuart Richardson said:

You probably could have...I don't want to harp on this too much, as different people have different risk tolerance, but M cameras are pretty well sealed, and there are not so many obvious points of water ingress, the biggest being the mount, which is an area where water is not overly likely to do damage, unless it flows further back into the camera. I would not advise them as a main camera for terrible conditions, but they do very well in light rain or blowing snow. I would not keep them out in a monsoon for hours, however.

Agreed, I use mine in wind and rain on the coast in the sand, which I won’t do with an M, but I have great snow shots on film with M cameras.  I worry more about M lenses, but they may be sealed well enough!

• Like 1

…I have to say, the colors OOC are quite remarkable.  Do I wish I had the S3 and lenses this morning….YES.  However, the M11 is an extraordinary complement when I don’t have the S.  This image is the M11 with the 28m ‘lux.   I did not adjust the colors but did shoot the image with daylight white balance. We don’t have many cloudy days in the Las Vegas desert, but having a light weight option when scouting locations  is incredibly satisfying.  

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Stuart Richardson said:

You probably could have...I don't want to harp on this too much, as different people have different risk tolerance, but M cameras are pretty well sealed, and there are not so many obvious points of water ingress, the biggest being the mount, which is an area where water is not overly likely to do damage, unless it flows further back into the camera. I would not advise them as a main camera for terrible conditions, but they do very well in light rain or blowing snow. I would not keep them out in a monsoon for hours, however.

Maybe you're right. I no longer have an M camera. But I'd worry about water getting between the glass elements.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dsauro said:

…I have to say, the colors OOC are quite remarkable.  Do I wish I had the S3 and lenses this morning….YES.  However, the M11 is an extraordinary complement when I don’t have the S.  This image is the M11 with the 28m ‘lux.   I did not adjust the colors but did shoot the image with daylight white balance. We don’t have many cloudy days in the Las Vegas desert, but having a light weight option when scouting locations  is incredibly satisfying.  

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

@Dsauronice shot!