Best looking case for M10-R Black Paint?

pmendelson

Seems you might need a ‘suit-case’ for all your gear. 😂

More seriously, I dislike cases for my Ms, preferring only a thumb rest, and the BP deserves to be seen.  But if you must, the best looking/fitting cases seem to be the Arte di Mano range sold through Leica Miami.  Others will of course chime in with the usual suspects from Luigi, etc.  There are dozens of related threads, much like bags.

Jeff

Just now, Jeff S said:

Seems you might need a ‘suit-case’ for all your gear. 😂

More seriously, I dislike cases for my Ms, preferring only a thumb rest, and the BP deserves to be seen.  But if you must, the best looking/fitting cases seem to be the Arte di Mano range sold through Leica Miami.  Others will of course chime in with the usual suspects from Luigi, etc.  There are dozens of related threads, much like bags.

Jeff

Ha!  I'm not keeping all my gear and haven't even received the M10-R yet.  I've had the Arte di Mano cases and they are my favorites - was just wondering if any particular materials or colors looked best with the black paint M cameras.  Thanks Jeff!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I agree that careless would be fine in most cases.😉  But there are times when you might want a little protection and that's why I purchased a half case...just for those times.  Kind of like the difference between when being used and when being transported.  All depends on the circumstances.

Best looking is definitely case-less and nowadays I always go case-less when actively shooting.. but this doesn’t answer OP question.

When I was using cases I always went for Angelo Pelle (Luigi Cases is also a nice option..), maybe I’m a bit biased (my mother is Italian..) but when I think about high end leather craftsmanship Italy is always the first country that comes to my mind..

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, M10RUser said:

A case? On a black paint? Isn’t the point of getting the black paint to scratch it and wear it down to the brass? 

No, no, no,  the camera is a thing of beauty created by the artists of Leica and meant to be admired.  On rare occasion it can be removed from its locked glass case and used if carefully protected by only the finest leather.

Should any inadvertent brassing ever occur, there must be images taken, documentation provided and notarized along with a complete account of the camera's travels...to be sent to Wetzlar for review and publication.😉

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I do feel it was an upgrade, but IMHO it’s not an essential upgrade but rather a nice to have upgrade.  I like having more cropping ability.  I like the longer lasting battery, internal memory of I forget a memory card (it’s happened to me), and the easy USB charging.  I like the new Visoflex and new grip with arca Swiss compatible bottom.  I like the customizable button on top, which I set to minimum shutter speed control.  Could I live without the above and enjoy the M10-R instead?  Sure, but I prefer having the m11.  

3 hours ago, M10RUser said:

You changed an M10R BP for a silver Sony Leica M11? Jesus Christ. Okay. 

Leica don’t make sensors so always the sensor they use is made by someone else.

The point is what they do with the layers on top of the base chip and even more importantly what they do with the coding behind the chip.

Always people have a Leica M they love. For some people anything after the M9 is just ugly newfangled junk 🙂

The M11 is newer and some folks will want what it offers. 

M10RUser - whatever.  I'm quite happy with the results I am getting from the M11 and I am really enjoying using it.  Don't care about pixel binning - am shooting at 60mp and have already appreciated the ability to crop when needed.  Here's some shots I took with the M11 last weekend - https://lightroom.adobe.com/shares/b0daee36149749c2a6a0c1f947b09c28.  It was a bit of a test case for me as to whether I would wind up regretting not bringing my X1DII instead. I was pleased enough with the results that I am now considering selling my X1DII system.  

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, pmendelson said:

M10RUser - whatever.  I'm quite happy with the results I am getting from the M11 and I am really enjoying using it.  Don't care about pixel binning - am shooting at 60mp and have already appreciated the ability to crop when needed.  Here's some shots I took with the M11 last weekend - https://lightroom.adobe.com/shares/b0daee36149749c2a6a0c1f947b09c28.  It was a bit of a test case for me as to whether I would wind up regretting not bringing my X1DII instead. I was pleased enough with the results that I am now considering selling my X1DII system.  

Very nice portfolio @pmendelson ! Thanks for sharing !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@pmendelson You have some truly excellent images - thank you for sharing them.  You have a very evolved and refined eye.

The images you have shared give all of us some insight into the capabilities of the M11.  The B&W conversions are quite interesting - from what i can see looking at them online, the M11 B&W conversions are closing the gap with the M10 Monochrom.  That's good news for those of us who like to make B&W images as well as color images.

The persistent lambasting of the M11 is getting to be very wearisome.  Hopefully your images will get some of the naysayers to see how good the M11 is and will silence at least some of the tiresome negativity we are subjected to on our forum.

• Thanks 1