Mesquite Flat Sand Dunes

Henry Taylor

I decided to re-crop and tighten it up  about from  the bottom and removed the man on the bottom left of the san dune. Do you think  it's better?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Henry Taylor
  • Like 5

Here are a few more taken yesterday

• Like 12

I'm in Henderson and haven't been out there in a couple of years but may go when the flowers bloom in the spring, although that's a little iffy.  You may recall the super-bloom a few years back, but since then the blooms haven't been all that good.    I really have to make another trip out there before it gets too hot.  

Edited by Camaro5

31 minutes ago, Camaro5 said:

I'm in Henderson and haven't been out there in a couple of years but may go when the flowers bloom in the spring, although that's a little iffy.  You may recall the super-bloom a few years back, but since then the blooms haven't been all that good.    I really have to make another trip out there before it gets too hot.  

Yes I remember  but still yesterday   turned out to  be a lovely  day.  Thanks

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 2/20/2022 at 8:08 PM, Henry Taylor said:

Yes I remember  but still yesterday   turned out to  be a lovely  day.  Thanks

By the way I received a text from a friend that suggested I should remove the people on top of the sand dunes  to make it a better landscape shot😱He went so far to send me a copy with them removed🥶

Edited by Henry Taylor
Add on

On 2/20/2022 at 7:56 PM, Henry Taylor said:

I decided to re-crop and tighten it up  about from  the bottom and removed the man on the bottom left of the san dune. Do you think  it's better?

Both are beautiful, with a slight preference to the cropped one

Inspiring nature for nice photos...

On 2/20/2022 at 12:56 PM, Henry Taylor said:

Nope. Small issue but I like the way the slope on the sand dune on the right resolves itself in your original. The guy on the left is no loss, but the people on top give the scene a good sense of scale it would not otherwise have.  Beautiful image either way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/24/2022 at 5:12 PM, allamande said:

Nice set. I wonder what the flower situation is going to be like this year. We had some rain but probably not nearly enough.

Ece

Probably not as good. Two years ago when the superbloom happened there was considerably more rain. This year is very dry by comparison (I'm there now).

22 minutes ago, fotografr said:

Probably not as good. Two years ago when the superbloom happened there was considerably more rain. This year is very dry by comparison (I'm there now).

Enjoy your visit how long are you going to  be there because there really is a lot more to  see then just a days visit. 

10 hours ago, fotografr said:

Nearly two more weeks.

Thats great Brent   I'm sure your not spending  it just in Death Valley, be sure to  bring back some of your good shots. By the way, did you take your bikes with you on this vacation?  

Edited by Henry Taylor
add more.