Leica Q2 and Q2M with crop modes - Video Samples

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I sat in the audience and took some video with my Q2 and Q2M

First time shooting so it was a learning experience, I started in 1080/60 and changed to 4k/24 - all exported to 1080p

I also started recording hand held, and then just set them up the desk supported by the strap to raise the front of the lens.

Used a variety of crop modes - and FYI when you use the crop modes the LCD fills the screen with the crop once you start recording

Still working my way the night - later on I recorded with both cameras at the same time, but not sure it'll look right switching between colour/bw in a single video

audio from mixing desk

28mm - 1080/60

28mm - 4k/24

50mm - 4k/24

50mm 4k/24

75mm 4k/24

Edited by dancook
  • Thanks 2

Hi Dan, as there's no external audio in on the Q2's I'm interested in how you sync'd up the audio which had to be recorded separately, ( dual system )..........Did you use the camera's audio as a scratch track / reference in post then lay in the external recorded / mixed audio?

Impressed how good the Q2M's images look........I just traded in my Q 116 against a Q2M, and I really like it so far.

FCP?

Edited by petermullett

22 minutes ago, petermullett said:

Hi Dan, as there's no external audio in on the Q2's I'm interested in how you sync'd up the audio which had to be recorded separately, ( dual system )..........Did you use the camera's audio as a scratch track / reference in post then lay in the external recorded / mixed audio?

Impressed how good the Q2M's images look........I just traded in my Q 116 against a Q2M, and I really like it so far.

FCP?

The person behind the event and mixer sent me the entire nights audio, then I use davinci to auto sync the sound using what the camera picked up (there were a few clips it couldn't sync automatically, lots of crowd noise interfering perhaps)

The Q2 was probably a little underexposed when recording, I haven't tried changing the exposure in post - i suppose these videos are more akin to jpgs

what's FCP?

Edited by dancook

44 minutes ago, dancook said:

The person behind the event and mixer sent me the entire nights audio, then I use davinci to auto sync the sound using what the camera picked up (there were a few clips it couldn't sync automatically, lots of crowd noise interfering perhaps)

The Q2 was probably a little underexposed when recording, I haven't tried changing the exposure in post - i suppose these videos are more akin to jpgs

what's FCP?

I like DaVinci, it's a great editing platform, good for audio too......

FCP? I meant FCPX......Apple's Final Cut Pro Application. DaVinci is way better!

• 2 months later...
On 2/3/2022 at 11:08 AM, dancook said:

what's FCP?

Thanks Dan for making these beautiful video demos. Isn't Q2 a fixed-lens SL2? I hope the Q2 can have L-log and show shutter angle if Leica is willing to implement. Wishlist for Q3: Audio input, HDMI out with S log, and a redesigned focus knob for us to add focus gear. Cheers. Steve