How do you like the new black coating of M11

tom0511

How do you like the new black coating (M11)  

97 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like the new black coating (M11)?

• I like the new black coating of M11 better than the black chrome of M10 models because it feels more grippy
    • I prefer the older black chrome coating from the M10 because it felt smoother
    • For me it feels just as good

• 7 months later...
On 1/30/2022 at 3:26 PM, Hanno said:

I like it actually but I was left surprised and a tight bit sad when I realised that the Visoflex 2 does leave some marks/scratching imprints on it… 

FWIW I’ve got the black chrome coated M10M which my Visoflex 2 has happily marked: Just touching it with the corner of the Visoflex 2 housing (w/o pressure) is already enough to leave (slight) marks which don’t come off anymore …

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, ianforber said:

8 months and no scratches yet. 

That's good to hear. My concern (which might not be valid) are occasional bumps. The brass made one held up quite well against it. Not sure if aluminium corners of black M11 would withstand it.

I have the perception that the black finish of the M11 is very very robust! Even more robust than from my M10-P! I saw way more signs of use after half / one year...

No scratches so far (received mine in April). I definitely wouldn't be worried about it! 

• Thanks 1