Way too excited...

Trev

Advertisement (gone after registration)

..for an old man. Finally I’ve ordered a Q. Actually not my first. I was foolish enough to sell my Q-P couple years ago. Just snagged another. Used this time. Hopefully get it next Tuesday or Wednesday Feb 1 or 2.  I realise it’s not earth shattering news, but I wanted to share.

Congratulations! I suspect these "return journeys" are often the most valued. I ummed and ahhed for over a year contemplating buying a Q2 to add to my CL. In the end I accepted that it was never going to be a rational decision. The proof comes when I ask my unofficially Official Picture Editor (aka She Who Must Be Obeyed) what she thinks of the shots I've taken recently. They mostly meet with approval particularly when I explain how little post processing work has been done.

It's true you have to be in the right place at the right time, but what the Q2 does when you're there is absolutely amazing. Enjoy the return!

50 minutes ago, Dave in Wales said:

That is 'the' Trev from TP and Guildford isn't it.

Congratulations, had me Q2 just over a week now and loving it.

👍

Yes Dave. It’s me.

1 hour ago, Dave in Wales said:

That is 'the' Trev from TP and Guildford isn't it.

Congratulations, had me Q2 just over a week now and loving it.

👍

I always saw you as a Q2 man..Enjoy it mate..

29 minutes ago, Trev said:

Dan. Sadly not.  ..I’ve felt quite inadequate for too long. 

With your own photography? do what makes you happy - though fine talk from me, since I spend a lot of time here at my desk feeling depressed and unmotivated.

I enjoy photographing live music, there's live music on all the time - I should seek it out instead of waiting to be asked.

Have you been to the Sculpture Park? There's lots of nice woodland walks otherwise.

https://www.thesculpturepark.com/

I've been to the Harry Potter studios about 4 times now with different cameras, just to try them out

Edited by dancook

2 hours ago, Trev said:

..for an old man. Finally I’ve ordered a Q. Actually not my first. I was foolish enough to sell my Q-P couple years ago. Just snagged another. Used this time. Hopefully get it next Tuesday or Wednesday Feb 1 or 2.  I realise it’s not earth shattering news, but I wanted to share.

Been there, done that .... sold my first Q, regretted it. Bought a S/H Q ... gifted that to my grandson and bought a Q2  ... Love it soooooo mooooooch 👍

Happy Snapin' 👍

10 hours ago, dancook said:

With your own photography? do what makes you happy - though fine talk from me, since I spend a lot of time here at my desk feeling depressed and unmotivated.

I enjoy photographing live music, there's live music on all the time - I should seek it out instead of waiting to be asked.

Have you been to the Sculpture Park? There's lots of nice woodland walks otherwise.

https://www.thesculpturepark.com/

I've been to the Harry Potter studios about 4 times now with different cameras, just to try them out

Thanks Dan. I love your music stuff. Sculpture Park looks interesting. Didn’t know about it.

16 hours ago, Trev said:

Congratulations. I got my Q in 2017 and love it as much today as the day I bought it - probably more to be honest. Apart from my late father’s Nikon fm it’s my favourite ever camera (including a raft of Nikon DSLRs & 2 Leica Ms). I now have an SL2-S which is fantastic to be fair, but, it can’t replace my Leica Q. The combination of the Q’s sensor and that F1.7 Summilux is a bit special to say the least. Enjoy! 👍

6 hours ago, Chris Nebard said:

Congratulations. I got my Q in 2017 and love it as much today as the day I bought it - probably more to be honest. Apart from my late father’s Nikon fm it’s my favourite ever camera (including a raft of Nikon DSLRs & 2 Leica Ms). I now have an SL2-S which is fantastic to be fair, but, it can’t replace my Leica Q. The combination of the Q’s sensor and that F1.7 Summilux is a bit special to say the least. Enjoy! 👍

5 hours ago, Viv said:

Of course this kind of excitement is totally natural.

I have both Q2 and CL. Logical? No. Pleasurable? Yes.

5 hours ago, antigallican said:

Logic says I should sell my Q but if I’m off photographing for fun it’s the camera I reach for. 

Thanks very much. Yes. I’m really looking forward to it.

Top tip. When you get it put in a base ‘user’ file with the settings how you want it, because its possible to press the little red video button by accident then get in a pickle trying to get back to manual settings/photo only, especially if there’s a group of people in front of you posing. If you just go back to user 1 it’s sorted in a second. Guess how I know… 😅

Edited by antigallican