M11 Grip in Silver?

SJH

I haven’t seen a silver grip before from Leica. I have the silver M11 and bought the black one. I asked the Leica Store sales and he argued that a silver version wouldn’t be feasible with the builtin Arca Swiss mount. Silver paint / chrome wouldn’t last. I’m not really sure of that, though. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have the silver grip from old M10 (that I am trying to sell)...but the explanation with the Arca Swiss mount, needing to be black...this makes sense...

@mboermaMy question: how does the black hand grip look on the silver M11?

Here's a photo of the Leica silver hand grip for the M10.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

One of these would negate the need for the Leica grip:   https://leicastoremiami.com/collections/bags-and-cases-half-cases/products/arte-di-mano-aventino-half-case-with-battery-door-for-leica-m11-minerva-black-with-black-stitching?variant=39655772029059

It would also cover up the fugly CE placard on the base of an otherwise beautiful camera.

Edited by Herr Barnack
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/12/2022 at 1:36 PM, Artin said:

Picked up my grip today along with a battery, the grip is just fantastic design very nice and finally it give some bulk to the M11 for my Sasquatch  hands 

On 2/7/2022 at 4:29 PM, SJH said:

Thanks All and I ended up getting the black grip and looks pretty good with my silver M11, works very well on the Peak Design Carbon tripod. 

Was wondering if either of you know if it is possible to use a wrist strap with the new grip.  From the photos it appears to cover the eyelet.  Do they provide one to screw in as opposed to the finger loop?  AFAIC, $430 it's already an outrage, but on top of that my understanding is that the finger loop is optional and cost an extra $140!  I mean seriously, $570!?!  Gives new meaning to the phrase, get a grip. As there's no alternative at the moment, I'm willing to step up for the loop-less version, but as the pricing is already double the cost of my last RRS... which is an all metal L bracket and more versatile, unless I can attach my wrist strap on the right side, I'll wait for them to produce an alternative. 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Tailwagger said:

Was wondering if either of you know if it is possible to use a wrist strap with the new grip.  From the photos it appears to cover the eyelet.  Do they provide one to screw in as opposed to the finger loop?  AFAIC, $430 it's already an outrage, but on top of that my understanding is that the finger loop is optional and cost an extra $140!  I mean seriously, $570!?!  Gives new meaning to the phrase, get a grip. As there's no alternative at the moment, I'm willing to step up for the loop-less version, but as the pricing is already double the cost of my last RRS... which is an all metal L bracket and more versatile, unless I can attach my wrist strap on the right side, I'll wait for them to produce an alternative. 

I use both a wrist and shoulder strap when I have the grip on, so you'd be all good to go. I use Peak Design anchors with leather wrist/shoulder strasp but I don't think it matters as the eyelet is available just like it is without the grip on.

2 minutes ago, SJH said:

I use both a wrist and shoulder strap when I have the grip on, so you'd be all good to go. I use Peak Design anchors with leather wrist/shoulder strasp but I don't think it matters as the eyelet is available just like it is without the grip on.

Awesome, thanks!