Firmware update 1.2.1.0?

Ba Erv

Advertisement (gone after registration)

2 minutes ago, jonoslack said:

Have you restarted your phone as well (of course you have!)

In my experience to link with Fotos it's best simply to turn on wifi on the camera and go for it.

This update isn't supposed to have done anything except sort out the function buttons (which it has done). So I think your Fotos issue is probably a 'knickers in a twist' issue

I've just connected with my phone okay (first turn on wifi on the camera then load Fotos)

All the best

I've tried it every which way but will give it a go with the cable now....but the turning WiFi off immediately after exiting the QR screen page is just.... don't get me started!

1 minute ago, tashley said:

I've tried it every which way but will give it a go with the cable now....but the turning WiFi off immediately after exiting the QR screen page is just.... don't get me started!

If you exited it then presumably you didn't connect? and if you had connected the screen would have closed with the wifi on?

are you on apple or android?

Just now, jonoslack said:

If you exited it then presumably you didn't connect? and if you had connected the screen would have closed with the wifi on?

are you on apple or android?

I exited eventually because after more than two or three minutes it had failed to connect and then I understood why: it had turned WiFi off!

39 minutes ago, jonoslack said:

To be honest I'm pretty sure that they have fixed it - but this 'emergency' update was just for the button problem, other fixes and upgrades will be on 1.3.0.0 a little later on . . and they weren't anticipating doing another firmware update before that so this slipped by.

Of course future updates will be via Fotos - and this wouldn't have. happened there either.

I understand that it does it on some cameras and not on others.

I just did the update myself and it does do it to my camera (as it did when I discovered the bug) - no problem you just delete the firmware from the card

unlucky and easy to fix (but scary if it happens to you - I know!)

best

Jono

For me the biggest issue is the User Profiles being unusable, but maybe that is because I didn’t have the FN button issues to begin with. 

I sincerely hope they don’t wait for a combined update to solve those profile issues. Working in the modern software development business I used to daily and weekly updates. The User Profiles are not of any use at the moment. They can not be trusted to do what you want them to do.

11 minutes ago, tashley said:

I exited eventually because after more than two or three minutes it had failed to connect and then I understood why: it had turned WiFi off!

Do you have the M11 saved in FOTOS? (attached pic)

I had an issue earlier where it wouldn't save the camera and I had to use the barcode every time I connected. This was resolved by uninstalling FOTOS and reinstalling.

I also had issues early on when I turned on Wifi, and started to connect...then switched to cable (because the damn app encourages you to do so after you begin the process). The app would no longer connect until I restarted everything.

Its quite confusing because there are several ways to connect...after much trial and error I discovered if I follow these steps its seamless now:

1- use quick menu to turn on Wifi on M11

2- Select M11 in FOTOS

boom it connects every time now.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

vor 1 Stunde schrieb IMAGEPOWER:

Possibly only users that have already created their own user profiles are affected and those without user files saved in camera are not? Anyway, this is finally Leica's task to find out and fix...

You might be right! I safed my profile on the same sd card. And my M11 did not start (except of the rangefinder and the orange light on the back) as long as the card was not removed. The display was black and non of the buttons or the shutter did react when pushing them. 

By the way: I never had any problems with the fn button on my M11.

Edited by mschuette

It worked almost flawlessly, except the SD card was not recognised but the camera worked fine.

I updated the Fotos App first, then it transferred automatically and very fast on 5Ghz (which is a nice touch). Once the firmware was uploaded, I was asked to restart the camera. Afterwards it all worked fine, my Profile was there. Except the SD card was not recognised. The camera was fine and could take picture on the internal memory. I took the SD card off and back and it was recognised. I checked the SD card, there was no firmware on it, it was automatically deleted.

The function button by the shutter works flawlessly now. 👍

While most of us had issues (and I suspect Leica wanted to release it so fast to please us), once their process is ironed out, what a pleasure it will be to update firmware via Fotos App. Cudos to that. 😀

• Like 1

Thank you all. I just did the firmware update with FOTO Apps through WIFI. It is so easy and straightforward. The experience is better than  any firmware update from any company I can remembered. Good job Leica and thank you for this thread from all firmware update beta testers LOL

It appears the FN problem didnt happen with multiple tries so far. This addresses one of my biggest issues with M11. One fixed, 10 more to go :) 

12 minutes ago, algrove said:

So this thread tells me WAIT!- do not do anything whether functions buttons work or not. YIKES!

If I had issues with Fn buttons, I would update now. The final step is a bit different, though (see discussion in thread). I will update later today.

23 minutes ago, algrove said:

So this thread tells me WAIT!- do not do anything whether functions buttons work or not. YIKES!

No - it's fine - just bear in mind that if you do it from an SD card you'll need to take it out afterwards.

Really, that's all

On the other hand if you don't have the Fn button issue it's irrelevant

best

Jono

• Like 2

Updated via latest Fotos two bodies without problems.

Frankly, I’m disappointed to see that firmware saga continues with M11.

I have noticed that their service has improved lately, hopefully we’ll see same kind of improvements on software side.

On Leica’s credit, it’s hard to make polished software on low volume product (compared to Canon, Sony or Nikon) as the actual cost of the software development is much higher per sold body.

We just need to buy more Leica. 😭

• Like 1