Firmware update 1.2.1.0?

Ba Erv

13 minutes ago, Artin said:

I think I will skip this update for now my function buttons are fine 

Mine too. It's 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

time a the moment.

Notes from this exercise:

1) this bug bit the beta testers, yet was not caught in time or taken seriously enuf.  So now we have it scare away real paying customers.

2) the bugfix list that appears on Fotos seems to relate to Fotos, not to the camera';s bugs.  The Fotos team is apparently a different group than the M/SL firmware people.

3) The effort Leica is making to fix isolated problems quickly is making us all into beta testers.  Some think that's great, but others should just wait and avoid any angst.  Give anything at least two days and watch for results here on LUF.

Edited by scott kirkpatrick
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, jonoslack said:

Hi There

If you leave a version of the firmware on the card it the camera won't restart - scary - you only need to delete the firmware from the card.

best

Jono

That is NOT how a firmware update is supposed to go.  If you and Elmars lived through it, why didn't Leica listen to your angst and learn not to let it happen again?  That's what betatester cannon fodder is for.  Some of us amateur testers have now also discovered the fix, after a sleepless night or scared hour

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 minute ago, scott kirkpatrick said:

That is NOT how a firmware update is supposed to go.  If you and Elmars lived through it, why didn't Leica listen to your angst and learn not to let it happen again?  That's what betatester cannon fodder is for.  Some of us amateur testers have now also discovered the fix, after a sleepless night or scared hour

I couldn't agree more - I suspect that they had fixed it for the next proper firmware update, but this one was an emergency, and doesn't include any of the other improvements.

Which doesn't make it okay of course. 

It took a long time to figure out what was wrong when we discovered it!

Best

Jono (cannon fodder) Slack

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, jonoslack said:

Hi There

If you leave a version of the firmware on the card it the camera won't restart - scary - you only need to delete the firmware from the card.

best

Jono

I didn't and don't have this problem. All went smoothly. It is still on my card.

12 minutes ago, jonoslack said:

Well, you are lucky, it's obviously happening to several people

best

Jono

That makes it difficult for Leica to fix. My Lexar card was formatted in camera before I started using it. It had and has some photos on it. 

vor 5 Stunden schrieb IMAGEPOWER:

Updated as well, took around 8 minutes, chose save settings function on update process...

BUT: After update camera seemed dead.

However, I could switch it on and off, but could neither shoot nor use Live View nor get any reaction on PLAY Mode!!!

Removed battery but to no result

Removed SD Card and the camera came to life again, using internal memory.

Re-inserted SD Card, camera seemed dead again.

So finally I deleted update files on SD card on my Mac and re-inserted SD card into camera. Everything worked fine again. Formatted SD card in-camera...

Have been updating Nikons for more than 20 years and Leica Ms since 2020...never experienced such a problem...scary...

I had the same problem..... !!!

7 minutes ago, mboerma said:

That makes it difficult for Leica to fix. My Lexar card was formatted in camera before I started using it. It had and has some photos on it. 

To be honest I'm pretty sure that they have fixed it - but this 'emergency' update was just for the button problem, other fixes and upgrades will be on 1.3.0.0 a little later on . . and they weren't anticipating doing another firmware update before that so this slipped by.

Of course future updates will be via Fotos - and this wouldn't have. happened there either.

I understand that it does it on some cameras and not on others.

I just did the update myself and it does do it to my camera (as it did when I discovered the bug) - no problem you just delete the firmware from the card

unlucky and easy to fix (but scary if it happens to you - I know!)

best

Jono

44 minutes ago, jonoslack said:

Hi There

best

Jono

Yep just had 10 minutes of trauma thinking my new M11 was 'bricked', however, card out and the M11 will start and you can also format the SD card in another camera and then it's all fine. Not very Leica like :)

• Like 1

Amateur Hour at Leica - again.

I really should have known better to have installed a firmware update on a Friday, especially a Leica one. But the Fotos App told me there was an update ready and like a Bonobo with a calculator, I just pressed the buttons without thinking rationally about what was most likely to happen next.

The FW update installed faultlessly but now Fotos cannot connect with the camera. I have restarted everything, deleted and re-installed Fotos, re-paired, and practically re-painted the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel and the &*£*^% thing still does not work. There's also a new bug, which is that after you get the camera to display the QR code so that the phone can pair with it, the camera immediately tuns off the WiFI even if you have it to be permanently on.

Message to Leica: this sort of thing irritates your paying customers and makes you look like amateurs.

14 minutes ago, tashley said:

I really should have known better to have installed a firmware update on a Friday, especially a Leica one. But the Fotos App told me there was an update ready and like a Bonobo with a calculator, I just pressed the buttons without thinking rationally about what was most likely to happen next.

The FW update installed faultlessly but now Fotos cannot connect with the camera. I have restarted everything, deleted and re-installed Fotos, re-paired, and practically re-painted the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel and the &*£*^% thing still does not work. There's also a new bug, which is that after you get the camera to display the QR code so that the phone can pair with it, the camera immediately tuns off the WiFI even if you have it to be permanently on.

Message to Leica: this sort of thing irritates your paying customers and makes you look like amateurs.

Did you install the new version?

I didnt have any of these issues. FOTOS is working great after FW update. Although I did have an issue previously that was resolved when I deleted the app and re-installed it.

I do agree though...this release has way too many bugs.

11 minutes ago, tashley said:

Have you restarted your phone as well (of course you have!)

In my experience to link with Fotos it's best simply to turn on wifi on the camera and go for it.

This update isn't supposed to have done anything except sort out the function buttons (which it has done). So I think your Fotos issue is probably a 'knickers in a twist' issue

I've just connected with my phone okay (first turn on wifi on the camera then load Fotos)

All the best

3 minutes ago, digitalfx said:

Did you install the new version?

I didnt have any of these issues. FOTOS is working great after FW update. Although I did have an issue previously that was resolved when I deleted the app and re-installed it.

I do agree though...this release has way too many bugs.

Yup, deleted old version and reinstalled with new version many times... Grrr....