Firmware update 1.2.1.0?

Ba Erv

6 minutes ago, mrmalo said:

That's exactly what I went through. I thought I had bricked by M11. What a scary 30 minutes.

Did you wipe your SD card before adding the firmware to it? I didn't - I'm pretty sure that was the mistake. One which I won't make again.

I did not wipe it. Nor in camera or in my computer. It might be the cause, but still not as it should be.

5 minutes ago, mboerma said:

I did not wipe it. Nor in camera or in my computer. It might be the cause, but still not as it should be.

Lucky and agreed. Reading through the release notes it says:

We recommend saving any images on the memory card and reformatting it before the update.

vor einer Stunde schrieb IMAGEPOWER:

Updated as well, took around 8 minutes, chose save settings function on update process...

BUT: After update camera seemed dead.

However, I could switch it on and off, but could neither shoot nor use Live View nor get any reaction on PLAY Mode!!!

Removed battery but to no result

Removed SD Card and the camera came to life again, using internal memory.

Re-inserted SD Card, camera seemed dead again.

So finally I deleted update files on SD card on my Mac and re-inserted SD card into camera. Everything worked fine again. Formatted SD card in-camera...

Have been updating Nikons for more than 20 years and Leica Ms since 2020...never experienced such a problem...scary...

I experienced the same problem... After I removed the sd-card the M11 came to life again.

2 hours ago, IMAGEPOWER said:

Updated as well, took around 8 minutes, chose save settings function on update process...

However, I could switch it on and off, but could neither shoot nor use Live View nor get any reaction on PLAY Mode!!!

So finally I deleted update files on SD card on my Mac and re-inserted SD card into camera. Everything worked fine again. Formatted SD card in-camera...

Have been updating Nikons for more than 20 years and Leica Ms since 2020...never experienced such a problem...scary...

I also installed the LUDWIG-...1.2.1.0 updated firmware (aN INTERNAL VERSION() and got a dead camera as a result.  I have now removed the SD chip and it came back to life.  I will clean the SD chip in steps to see what particular removel lets it wake up.

That was scary!  THANK YOU1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

vor 2 Stunden schrieb IMAGEPOWER:

This is a full disgrace: Look at that: Depending on which country site you are you get very queer firmware names as e.g.:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I do not dare to instal such rubbing: One is from Germany Leica site the other one from Switzerland Site. All official sites by the way.

Then the description of the changes is so minimal. As someone said already above: For Canon or Nikon we update firmware for many years. But never saw that.

Edited by M10 for me

vor 56 Minuten schrieb scott kirkpatrick:

I also installed the LUDWIG-...1.2.1.0 updated firmware (aN INTERNAL VERSION() and got a dead camera as a result.  I have now removed the SD chip and it came back to life.  I will clean the SD chip in steps to see what particular removel lets it wake up.

That was scary!  THANK YOU1

The Ludwig is on the official Swiss Website of Leica: The official download.

22 minutes ago, M10 for me said:

This is a full disgrace: Look at that: Depending on which country site you are you get very queer firmware names as e.g.:

I do not dare to instal such rubbing: One is from Germany Leica site the other one from Switzerland Site. All official sites by the way.

Then the description of the changes is so minimal. As someone said already above: For Canon or Nikon we update firmware for many years. But never saw that.

The update instructions were for the Leica M10 series as well. Looks like they wanted to have it out before the weekend. 

19 minutes ago, erudolph said:

So those who updated via Leica FOTOS had no problem?

They have some issues to work out...

That first attempt was via cable...updating now via WiFi seemed to go smoothly

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mboerma said:

There is an update for Fotos on iOS. Version 3.0.3. Released a moment ago. 

Here is what is improved: