Jump to content

Firmware update 1.2.1.0?


Ba Erv
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Ba Erv changed the title to Firmware update 1.2.1.0?

Thanks for heads up,  I programmed my top function button (next to shutter) to zoom in LV and boy is it a PITA, I can press it up to 6 times before it works, other times it just won't, have to go in and out of menu!!!

Im also having trouble with non coded lens, choosing the manual option no longer exsists, greyed out, stays in auto and just cycles through 21,28 90 and sometimes 75? But won't hold on the one lens.....75mm is whats was on there.

Mine was out of calibration as well, had to turn the horizontal hex from approx 1130 to 1215, clockwise. RF and LV are now as close as I can get.

And lucky last, it's picking up to much cyan in my images, a lot of the shots are 30-40 points out? I posted in the m11 image thread, first one "benches at work" (from ph) SOOC. This shot has way too much purple, but no one commented? I was processing some images yesterday on pc and could really notice it. Lens used 75mm heliar and 50 sonnar, sonnars profile is 50 lux.

Anyway, hopefully they'll get it fixed sooner than later.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully no need to hunt down the Leica websites. When released it should be available via the Fotos app and you should get a notification that an update is available. Hopefully! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Paul.S said:

Thanks for heads up,  I programmed my top function button (next to shutter) to zoom in LV and boy is it a PITA, I can press it up to 6 times before it works, other times it just won't, have to go in and out of menu!!!

Im also having trouble with non coded lens, choosing the manual option no longer exsists, greyed out, stays in auto and just cycles through 21,28 90 and sometimes 75? But won't hold on the one lens.....75mm is whats was on there.

Mine was out of calibration as well, had to turn the horizontal hex from approx 1130 to 1215, clockwise. RF and LV are now as close as I can get.

And lucky last, it's picking up to much cyan in my images, a lot of the shots are 30-40 points out? I posted in the m11 image thread, first one "benches at work" (from ph) SOOC. This shot has way too much purple, but no one commented? I was processing some images yesterday on pc and could really notice it. Lens used 75mm heliar and 50 sonnar, sonnars profile is 50 lux.

Anyway, hopefully they'll get it fixed sooner than later.

This is just plain odd: so many people have been complaining about too much magenta. Would you care to share your workflow?

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Paul.S said:

And lucky last, it's picking up to much cyan in my images, a lot of the shots are 30-40 points out? I posted in the m11 image thread, first one "benches at work" (from ph) SOOC. This shot has way too much purple, but no one commented? I was processing some images yesterday on pc and could really notice it. Lens used 75mm heliar and 50 sonnar, sonnars profile is 50 lux.

 

I must say you have more courage than me, taking out the tools and adjusting the OVF.

you say this is the JEPG out of the camera? Or are you taking into Lightroom on your PC? 

If you like to share the details of you process we can direct you into a solution.

Personally my camera has been serving good colors. But I will finish the capture to taste in a editing program and not really use the images out of camera.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, mrmalo said:

Was feeling brave and updated. I now have a similar problem to this post:

 

Not nice.

I updated and all was well. But not improvements for the User Profile issues. Or with Continuous Low shooting with Auto Review off. FN buttons already worked fine in my case.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

All working again thank goodness. That was a scary 30 minutes...

16 minutes ago, mboerma said:

Not nice.

I updated and all was well. But not improvements for the User Profile issues. Or with Continuous Low shooting with Auto Review off. FN buttons already worked fine in my case.  

That is disappointing. Sure the other fixes will come!

Edited by mrmalo
Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated as well, took around 8 minutes, chose save settings function on update process...

BUT: After update camera seemed dead.

However, I could switch it on and off, but could neither shoot nor use Live View nor get any reaction on PLAY Mode!!!

Removed battery but to no result

Removed SD Card and the camera came to life again, using internal memory.

Re-inserted SD Card, camera seemed dead again.

So finally I deleted update files on SD card on my Mac and re-inserted SD card into camera. Everything worked fine again. Formatted SD card in-camera...

Have been updating Nikons for more than 20 years and Leica Ms since 2020...never experienced such a problem...scary...

Link to post
Share on other sites

I understood from an email exchange with Leica support Germany that the other points are on the backlog and they have the attention of Leica. I prefer small, incremental steps forward. Not having to wait for months and then a Big Bang. Now the people with the Function buttons issues are served, which is great.

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, IMAGEPOWER said:

Updated as well, took around 8 minutes, chose save settings function on update process...

BUT: After update camera seemed dead.

However, I could switch it on and off, but could neither shoot nor use Live View nor get any reaction on PLAY Mode!!!

Removed battery but to no result

Removed SD Card and the camera came to life again, using internal memory.

Re-inserted SD Card, camera seemed dead again.

So finally I deleted update files on SD card on my Mac and re-inserted SD card into camera. Everything worked fine again. Formatted SD card in-camera...

Have been updating Nikons for more than 20 years and Leica Ms since 2020...never experienced such a problem...scary...

I can only say that in my case all went smoothly. Also saved the profiles to SD card when asked. When the update was finished I didn't need a restart, nor was I asked to do so.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...