Q2 thumb support, no longer available.....?

I bought it from Berlin Germany beginning of this month, it was readily available. Perhaps it’s Covid thing as I guess shipping to UK have different rules and longer lead time within EU, not sure. However, I am not planning to keep it. I put it on to check it, took few shots and then it went back in the box, so basically is new. I’m in San Francisco Bay Area though…:) .. probably too far, not sure. PM me if interested. 

2 minutes ago, Goldeneye said:

I bought it from Berlin Germany beginning of this month, it was readily available. Perhaps it’s Covid thing as I guess shipping to UK have different rules and longer lead time within EU, not sure. However, I am not planning to keep it. I put it on to check it, took few shots and then it went back in the box, so basically is new. I’m in San Francisco Bay Area though…:) .. probably too far, not sure. PM me if interested. 

Thanks I'll keep that in mind.

Thank you, being in the UK I just don't fancy all the agro of importing from the US and all that entails. I have it on order with two dealers in the UK.

I have in the meantime just taken deliver of a very, very decent piece of kit for a fraction of the price £40 against £185, but it's not Leica.

Being Amazon I have 30 days to decide.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07SNHYB3R/ref=pe_27063361_487055811_TE_dp_1

• Like 1

I received today a Hoage support https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07SNHYB3R/ref=pe_27063361_487055811_TE_dp_1

It's gone straight back.

What I'm finding with aftermarket thumb supports is that they all seem to be too high.

This so as not to obscure the 'zoom' button, but it makes the button difficult to operate IMVHO.

The OEM thumb support has a 'zoom' button built, as you are all no doubt aware.

This makes for a lower support, the top edge being level with the camera.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Dave in Wales
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Dave in Wales said:

Thank you, being in the UK I just don't fancy all the agro of importing from the US and all that entails. I have it on order with two dealers in the UK.

I have in the meantime just taken deliver of a very, very decent piece of kit for a fraction of the price £40 against £185, but it's not Leica.

Being Amazon I have 30 days to decide.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07SNHYB3R/ref=pe_27063361_487055811_TE_dp_1

Totally understand.

2 hours ago, junix said:

How does the Thumb Support look on the Q2M?

I thought these are two different types of black..

Yes, the Q2M is finished in a more matte black than the Q2. The thumb support is a perfect match for the buttons and a nice contrast with the body finish of the Q2M, IMO.

I am very happy with this accessory. It maintains the small form factor of the Q, adds a more secure hold in many applications and effectively disappears when you place your thumb elsewhere on the body. 

• Like 1

The Leica original has always been in short supply.  I ordered one at the same time as my Q2, then forgot about it until I received a call six months later to say it had just come into stock.  When I bought my Q2M, I registered for email notifications on the Leica UK Online Store and waited for about a month.

I've looked at other cheaper options, but haven't found any as good as the Leica original.  I agree it's expensive, but about the cost of filling my car twice with Super Unleaded 😀 

Never any point in complaining about Leica prices.  Buying Leica is not compulsory and everyone has a choice, either pay or buy something else.  I choose to pay.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
On 2/1/2022 at 10:50 PM, Alan Friedman said:

Yes, the Q2M is finished in a more matte black than the Q2. The thumb support is a perfect match for the buttons and a nice contrast with the body finish of the Q2M, IMO.

I am very happy with this accessory. It maintains the small form factor of the Q, adds a more secure hold in many applications and effectively disappears when you place your thumb elsewhere on the body. 

Thank you once again for posting this photo.

I tried it on my Q2M in a Leica store and I really didn't like it (de gustibus non est disputandum..).

Anyone has any info if Leica will made a Monochrom version like they did with the Handgrip?