Help me with camera strap suggestions for the Q2...

Alexia

Advertisement (gone after registration)

These are currently on sale,

Weles BLACK with Peak Design anchors handmade camera strap rope and leather

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The best functional strap is, IMO, the Leica nylon strap!  I've bought that strap for years for cameras from Nikon DSLRs to Olympus micro 4/3 cameras!  I've purchased "custom" leather strips for my Leica M cameras and, every time. put the straps on Ebay and gone back to the Leica strap.  :)   Admittedly, if a fashion statement is the main goal, the Leica strap is a non-starter.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2022 at 1:36 PM, Mikep996 said:

The best functional strap is, IMO, the Leica nylon strap!  I've bought that strap for years for cameras from Nikon DSLRs to Olympus micro 4/3 cameras!  I've purchased "custom" leather strips for my Leica M cameras and, every time. put the straps on Ebay and gone back to the Leica strap.  :)   Admittedly, if a fashion statement is the main goal, the Leica strap is a non-starter.

14312 forever... perfect for the Q (Q2, Q2M).

• 7 months later...

The classic Leica Nylon strap 14312 is the best, I removed the padding and changed the whole game. I can use it as wrist strap and neck strap. Very functional. Anf most importantly it does not move in your way when trying to pack into your camera bag.

Or checkout this minimalist strap: https://journeycamera.com/minimalist-camera-straps

Edited by jimtong

I've got my Q2 outfitted with Peak Design anchors and then use a combination of the PD Cuff, Dead Cameras strap and Cooph (with aftermarket PD anchors attached). Dead cameras also have a lot of other high quality leather straps with traditional rings.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I got my Leica Q2 last week and thought about a strap - which I never ever use on any of my Nikons, both have a Spider grip that I love to bits - because I wanted it ready at all times. So I took a Peak design strap that my husband had because it can be easily removed when not needed and lenght adjusted, but…. After a day I removed it permanently because I was annoyed by the klicking sounds the connectors make when they hit the body. No damage, just an annoying sound and the loops from the length adjustment were all over the place. 

I wanted a long strap to carry it diagonal so that it cannot slip off my shoulder. Hubby also had some woven rope straps, very nice but a) too short and b) not soft enough, they have a life of their own. I found the eyewateringly expensive silk rope straps from A&A and the long ones were about the right length so I bought that and lo and behold, they are really nice. The fold easily when the camera is stored in a bag and there is absolutely no sound at all when moving. It does not annoy me when shooting, it glides over shirts and jackets easily when I want to pull it up from my side where it rests astonishingly stable when not in use. I just need to get used to having a camera on a strap, still feels a bit weird.