Help me with camera strap suggestions for the Q2...

Alexia

9 hours ago, oldsalt said:

I've got a "Artisan & Artist" on my Q2, and it works very well....

Is that the ACAM 100a? I like that.

Despite also having many straps, I am still on the hunt for one I really like. Amongst the collection I have two Peak Design straps and the cuff. None have lasted long on my Q2. My Cooph double braided strap is too bulky. Current fave is a cheap Amazon braided wrist strap.

Edited by Marc B-C

On 2/16/2022 at 9:59 AM, oldsalt said:

I've got a "Artisan & Artist" on my Q2, and it works very well....

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

The thing that puts me off aftermarket straps is the HUGE great advert for the maker....Naff.

Next to the beautiful Nikon AN-4B strap, my go-to strap for all my cameras is................

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B075X13M83/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&aaxitk=6a43006e5f147e566a699993910d65ef&hsa_cr_id=5224930740502&pd_rd_plhdr=t&pd_rd_r=51c0ec86-1b2d-490b-9d33-0d81033c3773&pd_rd_w=enjmO&pd_rd_wg=W03vA&ref_=sbx_be_s_sparkle_lsi4d_asin_2_img

They are made by various companies.

It's very inexpensive (odd for something used on a Leica)and can very easily be wrapped around ones wrist.

The fist thing I do is THROW AWAY THE QUICK RELEASE GIZMO'S, I just use the strap plus a pair of leather scuff protectors, one at each end to stop the camera ring damaging the camera.

Click for better image.

Edited by Dave in Wales
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/25/2022 at 11:34 PM, WeiterWinkel said:

After trying different straps during the last years, I'm now very satisfied with the Peak Design Leash. I can change the strap rapidly with just a press of my thumb, on a tripod I don't like a strap dangling around, and sometimes I like carrying my Q2 on a wrist strap. And I have only one strap for the Q2 and the Q2 Monochrom.

You can get the version 4 of the PD anchor. It can goes through the Q2 lugs without the ring.

• Thanks 1

I have a different system. I use the Domke F-8, a small shoulder bag, and a Gordy's leather camera strap (long) with a wrist pad and it has been on my Q since day one.  I understand this is not what you asked for, but I get great protection and the ease of a piece of fine leather in the hand. 

... or something like that? Genuine leather made by me :P 

• Like 1

Hyperion has been a long time favorite of mine! Very affordable, MANY color combinations!

Monty

• Like 2

Hyperion Camera Straps also 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 2/16/2022 at 4:39 PM, LocalHero1953 said:

Curious: how do people wrap a neck strap around their wrists so it is neither too loose nor cuts off blood circulation? I've never managed it (it just comes too loose and drops off), but plenty of people say they do it, so I'm sure the fault is mine. Can someone post a photo? Or a sketch with arrows and numbers?

Put a loop in strap, put hand through the loop and then wrap remaining strap around wrist. I found this to be a little more secure and with a cloth strap (A&A 100 acam), is comfortable.

• Like 2

There is a new “thing” coming to the market in September and it looked good to me on Kickstarter so I backed it. Haven’t tried it of course, but it looks like a good idea at least, not sure about the implementation. It is called Rita-Strap.

https://www.google.gr/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjXzaX1mv_3AhX6gv0HHSHZB04QtwJ6BAgHEAE&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.kickstarter.com%2Fprojects%2Fviiu%2Fcamera-rota-strap-and-rota-lock-accessories&usg=AOvVaw0lM6byVEXwivxSq8Z4S0d9

On 1/25/2022 at 7:34 AM, WeiterWinkel said:

After trying different straps during the last years, I'm now very satisfied with the Peak Design Leash. I can change the strap rapidly with just a press of my thumb, on a tripod I don't like a strap dangling around, and sometimes I like carrying my Q2 on a wrist strap. And I have only one strap for the Q2 and the Q2 Monochrom.

FWIW, it is possible to attach PD anchors directly with the help of a fishing line.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/27/2022 at 5:59 PM, acg69 said:

There is a new “thing” coming to the market in September and it looked good to me on Kickstarter so I backed it. Haven’t tried it of course, but it looks like a good idea at least, not sure about the implementation. It is called Rita-Strap.

https://www.google.gr/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjXzaX1mv_3AhX6gv0HHSHZB04QtwJ6BAgHEAE&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.kickstarter.com%2Fprojects%2Fviiu%2Fcamera-rota-strap-and-rota-lock-accessories&usg=AOvVaw0lM6byVEXwivxSq8Z4S0d9

I looked at backing the Rota-Strap too, but I wanted a longer strap than viiu intended to make. By the way, thank me that the lengths are listed on the Q&A for that campaign - I wrote to them and less than two hours later they had added that info.

• Like 1

It's a very personal thing but I find wrist straps work well with the Q series cameras, particularly when combined with a thumb support.

I have the Harry Benz La Cravate for my Q2M (red pinstripe) and have just ordered another for my Q2R (green pinstripe).  Really excellent quality products.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2022 at 10:12 AM, G19 said:

I have a leather strap made by Hawkesmill which I am really happy with - U.K. based https://hawkesmill.com/product/kensington-leather-camera-strap-stitched-brown/

I use the Hawkesmill Westminster strap. Good strap and excellent customer service - the one I ordered never arrived but they sent a second immediately.