Voigtländer Nokton 50 mm F1.0 asph. VM

Mefty

Advertisement (gone after registration)

5 hours ago, Herr Barnack said:

Please:  More cat photos - we cannot properly discern the performance of the lens without them.  😅

I have a cat and one of these lenses on the way - if you can wait until the weekend (assuming someone doesn't beat me to it!).

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vor 12 Stunden schrieb raulK:

Thank you for showing us sample images :)  I think you are the only photographer able to do so currently.

They are popping up now more often.

Saw some on Leica Rumors too.

15 hours ago, Mefty said:

Bored while waiting 

No idea if edited and uploaded via iPhone is any good for giving an idea of image quality this lens is offering in poor light conditions. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Lovely shot.

Interesting looking at the rendering here - seems to be somewhere between the more modern 0.95 rendering and the more classic Noctilux lenses.

Excited to try mine (and still haven't sold my 0.95 yet - so may do some side by side blind tests to keep folks entertained) 

vor 13 Minuten schrieb Tp2000:

Excited to try mine (and still haven't sold my 0.95 yet - so may do some side by side blind tests to keep folks entertained) 

that would be great

I like the first photos here and on the leica rumors page very much in terms of rendering
Does anyone know any other sites with examples?

I think a comparison to the top dogs (Noctilux 1.0 or 0.95) would help sort the new Nokton in terms of price and performance. Unfortunately I sold my Nocti 1.0. (I'm sure it was a mistake! But maybe I can make up for it with the new Nokton ;-))
A comparison with the "cheap" offers such as TTartisans 50 0.95 or similar would be interesting, too.
I'm really looking forward to the first reviews.

Two with lenshood on. One on infinity one on close focus (0,9m). The other two same without lenshood. Sorry for the poor quality, took them at the breakfast table bread in the mouth, coffee in one hand and the other on the iPhone. 😂

Edited by Mefty

1 hour ago, Mefty said:

Comparative views for the Noctilux.

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Herr Barnack:

Please:  More cat photos - we cannot properly discern the performance of the lens without them.  😅

You are right!

My bad 😂