Voigtländer Nokton 50 mm F1.0 asph. VM

Mefty

Advertisement (gone after registration)

vor 20 Minuten schrieb cboy:

Any sooc raw of this lens by any chance. Would be nice to see the the rendering this lens delivers sooc. I.e saturation/ tonality/ contrast

How would you describe its falloff from in and out of focus areas?

Well look the link above you can use it too

Light these days is realy cr...p here in Berlin.

I will post more images the next weeks and then also show some sooc.

Thanks Mefty!

I have downloaded your DNG file, edited it a bit, and cropped the interesting part of the image (below).

As far as I can see, the roof on the house behind the branch in focus (on the left side of the crop) is definitely more blurred than the one at the border of the image even though that building is slightly further away. One more odd thing that makes my point is LoCA. In roof in the center, we see the usual green LoCA, but the LoCA on the roof at the border of the house is purple! This could suggest that the plane of focus is behind the building ... but I don't think that's the case.

The good things:

1) The f/1 Nokton is just as sharp as we could hope for in the center, wide open.

2) Vignetting is very moderate - particularly for an f/1 lens.

3) Transition zone in the central area looks smooth.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 4

Congrats on picking up this lens.  I have one in order for the US.  It’s expected to get to me in March.

Thanks for posting images.  If you get a chance to shoot some portraits wide open, those would be great to see.  

Robb

• Like 2

Here in the UK it looks like they have just been delivered to the shops, The Classic camera shop in London got 3. I was a bit surprised when then told me they still had one in stock as I thought they would be sold out everywhere for a while as the releases are quite small, so I nabbed it. Get it in a few days.

• Like 2

vor 38 Minuten schrieb Mefty:

Bored while waiting 

No idea if edited and uploaded via iPhone is any good for giving an idea of image quality this lens is offering in poor light conditions. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Very cool!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, deanw5000 said:

Here in the UK it looks like they have just been delivered to the shops, The Classic camera shop in London got 3. I was a bit surprised when then told me they still had one in stock as I thought they would be sold out everywhere for a while as the releases are quite small, so I nabbed it. Get it in a few days.

Robert White had a couple earlier too. 

Looks v promising from photos here (love the rear view mirror and girl writing shots)

Unfortunately the tack sharp focus (on the front eye) is not very good visible here. 

But to be honest I don't think this lens or better say f1.0 is the best for portraits anyway. The f1.0 will shine when the object is more far away....at least this is the way I prefer these kind of lenses.

Edited by Mefty
  • Like 9

15 minutes ago, Mefty said:

Unfortunately the tack sharp focus (on the front eye) is not very good visible here. 

But to be honest I don't think this lens or better say f1.0 is the best for portraits anyway. The f1.0 will shine when the object is more far away....at least this is the way I prefer these kind of lenses.

The lens draws beautifully. Eyes look sharp enough to me, while the background is smooth, including bokeh balls.

• Like 4

Lovely! I can't tell if I'm seeing field curvature, or if my eyes are just misreading the plane of focus, but it looks almost like the front of the sleeve at the bottom of the frame is sharper than the blue hoodie, and that the ends of the hair on the shoulder is sharper than the hair farther back. The focus transition away from the eye is very nice and smooth though, and less nervous than I might have expected

23 minutes ago, astrobuoy said:

Lovely! I can't tell if I'm seeing field curvature, or if my eyes are just misreading the plane of focus, but it looks almost like the front of the sleeve at the bottom of the frame is sharper than the blue hoodie, and that the ends of the hair on the shoulder is sharper than the hair farther back. The focus transition away from the eye is very nice and smooth though, and less nervous than I might have expected

Since the camera is tilted down, the plane of focus is at an angle, so the shoulder/sleeve should be sharper than the hood. I think that explains what you are seeing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, steve 1959 said:

Very expensive lens ,almost as costly as the 50mm summicrom and 3 times more expense than the TT artisans version.

It's a relative thing...

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Danner said:

It's a relative thing...

Yes of course that is true.

The disneyland prices leica charge for their  flag ship lenses are quite vulgar to me and not related in any way to performance but that is a different subject altogether.

I do own a voigtlander 21mm f1.4 and summicrom 50mm V5 which are both very expensive lenses so maybe i should shut up?🙂