M10 D Basic Question

MikeMyers

Advertisement (gone after registration)

4 hours ago, grahamc said:

I guess the question then is have you used it much (the screened one)?  

Hint : I'm setting you up to say 'no' and save me USD8000 here 🤣

Regretfully sold m10D, but i need the fund to invest on glasses, a noctilux in particular… and a leapfrog to m10r black paint in the process.. u know why? 

looks great next to my BP MP film and i started dslr scanning film with my m10r 😂😂😂

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, jakontil said:

Regretfully sold m10D, but i need the fund to invest on glasses, a noctilux in particular… and a leapfrog to m10r black paint in the process.. u know why? 

looks great next to my BP MP film and i started dslr scanning film with my m10r 😂😂😂

Haha. Ooooh nice ! Nice set up !! 

30 minutes ago, jakontil said:

Haha. Ooooh nice ! Nice set up !! 

Here’s some screenshots of the camera settings available for the M10-D.  I don’t have another 10 series M to compare what’s available on camera but I think for the D this is all that can be changed . 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by grahamc

Thanks for posting.  Part of me thinks the whole concept is silly, but another part thinks it's "awesome".  Take the time to set things up with the iPhone, then go shoot as if it was a film camera.  If I was independently wealthy, this camera would now be added to my "wish list".  Unfortunately, I'm not, so it won't, but thanks to you, I now understand.  I imagine the used price will keep going down, before it heads back up again, so if one pops up on KEH for a price I can afford, I'll need to do some serious debating with myself......

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MikeMyers said:

Thanks for posting.  Part of me thinks the whole concept is silly, but another part thinks it's "awesome".  Take the time to set things up with the iPhone, then go shoot as if it was a film camera.  If I was independently wealthy, this camera would now be added to my "wish list".  Unfortunately, I'm not, so it won't, but thanks to you, I now understand.  I imagine the used price will keep going down, before it heads back up again, so if one pops up on KEH for a price I can afford, I'll need to do some serious debating with myself......

No problem Mike :)

Yes the film camera and shooting experience is definitely “it”.  I haven’t touched these settings menus really since setting up. 

Edited by grahamc

• 3 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

This is a very interesting thread. I am seriously considering buying the M10-D. One thing I would like to ask. I have a Leica BEOON copy stand set up, that I can scan negatives from. You need to focus through the live view on the LCD display, as it is a macro set up. Do you think you could get a decent focus using the Fotos App when connected to the M10-D. I don’t use it a lot, but it will be my only digital M if I get one, so need to check whether this will work. Has anyone tried the live view through the Fotos app? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stephencdean said:

This is a very interesting thread. I am seriously considering buying the M10-D. One thing I would like to ask. I have a Leica BEOON copy stand set up, that I can scan negatives from. You need to focus through the live view on the LCD display, as it is a macro set up. Do you think you could get a decent focus using the Fotos App when connected to the M10-D. I don’t use it a lot, but it will be my only digital M if I get one, so need to check whether this will work. Has anyone tried the live view through the Fotos app? 

Focus peaking is too imprecise for this.  Generally speaking, focus throught the EVF is fine in practice (the EVF tikts up).  For wides (not what you will be using), the OVF is more relaibly accurate.  For precise focus, you can set auto-magnification (as soon as you move the focus, the image in the EVF magnifies).  For some reason, focus peaking comes on at the same time, which is annoying.  If this bothers you, you can open up the lens (which reduces the depth of the focus peaking shimmer), check you focus, then stop down again.

Live view through the Fotos App works fine, and you don’t get focus peaking, but you still get magnification. I can’t recall if you can move the magnification patch through the App, or if you have to use the fn button on the camera.  I’ll check..  

• 1 month later...