ISO6400 (M10R & M11)

oka

Advertisement (gone after registration)

4 hours ago, shirubadanieru said:

In my test shots I see color noise in shadows starting at ISO 2500...so, probably for higher ISOs it's best to go B&W unless you are ok with color noise. Was expecting more here to be honest, but it is what it is.

how do you expose the image? if you under expose by 3-4 stop an try to take it up to correct exposer you may see some artifacts.. 

but on a normal exposure it is quite clean.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Asi_Pro said:

I was also worried to very clearly see color noise in relatively low ISO. It was obvious when looking at the LCD screen, and in the Library module in Lightroom. It's bad compared to M10. But, on the latest Lightroom version, as soon as you open the image in the Develop module the color noise disappears in an effective way, and overall low light performance is even better than M10. By default when opening an M11 image LR applies something like 40 or 50 to color noise reduction, but overall image quality is not affected.

Curious if anyone else has thoughts on this.

this is a 100% with all noise reduction and sharpening off

this is a crop of 6400 ISO

the noise you se before you hit the LR develop mode comes from the program rendering a quick preview file... In develop mode the full res get generated if you zoom in. it is like that in most programs.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Photoworks said:

After seen in the initial test from @oka about Large and Medium DNG , and seeing that the M was blowing highlight more then L, I wanted to do a quick test myself to confirm...

Please note that on my tests, files are pushed to quite a limit.

With heavy highlight recovery and boost on the blacks reveals the difference between the cameras and iso.