Will you buy M10R BP instead of buying M11?

GFONG

46 minutes ago, M9reno said:

In case anyone is interested... there seems to be at least one more M10R-BP currently available at Red Dot Cameras right now.

You are not helping 😉 !

Red Dot also has some non ‘BP’ ‘R’s second hand which I am being pondering on.

On 1/26/2022 at 10:28 AM, grahamc said:

My conclusion in all of this a) I like to make things difficult for myself and that is part of the fun of M. b) I don't need a 10R but may get one anyway .   Funnily enough I also share your feelings about the BP, it is a gorgeous finish but I may feel the need to baby it a bit more than I would like .  Today was a joy taking the Chrome M10-D to the beach and the finish is part of that experience - I am not thinking too much about it or treating it with kid gloves. 

If it helps - I have use the BP on the beach on a few trips to Cornwall (and I don't overly watch what I do with my cameras) and its stood up to it brilliantly. I think the finish is more resilient than one would initially assume. 

I think I said elsewhere before, the black paint thumbs up grip has worn quickly, from the same rubbing against jackets/jeans that other parts of the cameras have had. 

If anything, I think previous chrome cameras have shown more wear. Either that or I polish the black paint on this one more :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, M9reno said:

In case anyone is interested... there seems to be at least one more M10R-BP currently available at Red Dot Cameras right now.

And there's one in the second hand section of the Leica UK online store too (or there was earlier, unless someone in this thread has got there first!)

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

18 hours ago, Tp2000 said:

If it helps - I have use the BP on the beach on a few trips to Cornwall (and I don't overly watch what I do with my cameras) and its stood up to it brilliantly. I think the finish is more resilient than one would initially assume. 

I think I said elsewhere before, the black paint thumbs up grip has worn quickly, from the same rubbing against jackets/jeans that other parts of the cameras have had. 

If anything, I think previous chrome cameras have shown more wear. Either that or I polish the black paint on this one more :) 

This sounds like bad news for my wallet 😌

• Haha 1

the only thing i found interesting from M11 so far, is its usb c connection for data transfer on the go, and charging on the fly

when the rumors start arising, losing it's basplate some time in december, i bid the last M10r blackpaint available to me, and now after a couple weeks of its release, i appreciate more of my MP blackpaint film that i tend to look for another MP hahhaha my other part have GAS, the other lust of classic M like M10r and MP film, they r almost so ideantical and still have that classic metering

55 minutes ago, BarberShop said:

Please forgive my ignorance, what is the "BP" in M10R BP?

It means Black Paint

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

Lots of users get their undies in a twist over the strap rubbing, esp on black chrome models (never bothered me, they are to be used) and on my M10R BP haven't seen any after five months of use. The little bright spot on the left edge one can't actually see with the naked eye. It's a very resilient paint job imo. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, charlesphoto99 said:

Lots of users get their undies in a twist over the strap rubbing, esp on black chrome models (never bothered me, they are to be used) and on my M10R BP haven't seen any after five months of use. The little bright spot on the left edge one can't actually see with the naked eye. It's a very resilient paint job imo. 

Stop this close up action. My gasometer is firing up again 😂

• Haha 5

8 hours ago, grahamc said:

Stop this close up action. My gasometer is firing up again 😂

It's the most beautiful M I've owned, apart from an M3 I picked up recently on a whim and probably really won't use but is nice to 'have.' And I've owned in the past M2, M6, M6TTL, M7, M8 silver, M9 black, and M10 black. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

I recognize that the black paint camera is beautiful, but I got my 10r at a bargain price because a store customer traded it for an M11 just as it came out.  The dealer, who is a friend, gave me an attractive price and still made good money. The reason I bought the 10r was that I needed a second M body for short and long lenses. It was a must that it had evf and made sense that it had more resolution because it makes large prints easier. The camera was silver and barely used and that was it. 

For me -most- cameras are tools. 

• Like 4

On 10/8/2023 at 8:19 AM, irenedp said:

For me -most- cameras are tools. 

For me ALL my cameras are tools and I dispose of those that start gathering dust, but boy oh boy does it feel good when them tools also look the part...

Edited by Al Brown
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am in Switzerland right now and have found one brand new M10-R black paint in the sale section of a Swiss camera store Zumstein. It is available in their Lausanne office:

https://foto-zumstein.ch/de/leica-m10-r-geh-use-schwarz-lackiert-a133078

I have no affiliation with Foto Zumstein, just sharing. If you that lucky person who actually buys the BP after you see this post you can buy me coffee. Coffee in Switzerland is super expensive though, around 100CHF for a kilo 😄. I have paypal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1