Jump to content

Leica M11- That ugly exposed USB-C Port - let’s talk about it


Łëïčä
 Share

Recommended Posts

Advertisement (gone after registration)

First blasphemous decision being making it aluminum of course. Something nobody really likes or asked for, and anyone who says they don’t mind are lying to themselves.. let’s be honest. 
 

but the second most egregious decision was to take a classic Leica M and put an exposed USB-C port on the camera. 
 

I don’t know about you but, I carry my camera like this all the time. I can see the bottom all the time, and the last thing I want to see when I look down is an exposed USB-C port and a switch for a battery. 
 

I love the simple, classic, sleek design of the removable plate. It worked and it looked great. The last thing I want to see when I look down at my Leica is a USB-C port. 
 

can’t wait for the limited edition M11P Black Paint, Brass, No USB-C port edition. Watch everyone dump their M11’s for that one. 
 

every camera should come with instructions that says on page 1 “YOUR CAMERA IS NOT A CHARGER”.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, SrMi said:

The power pack ACA-SCL7 likely connects through the bottom USB-C. 
While I prefer to charge externally, and M11's charger is tiny and light, it is good to have a backup with in-camera charging.

I leave a dual charger inside the bag (or single to save space) and plug that in to a power bank. You can charge a battery inside your bag and keep shooting. Rapid charge. When the one you’re using is empty the other one is full in the bag, and so on.
 

No need to have wires going into my Leica M. it will ruin the whole experience of shooting a simple M rangefinder. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Artin said:

rewind. Knob 

I see what you did there. Let’s keep this civil 😅

they went from something so simple, sleek, classic, and beautiful to this ugly thing 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Łëïčä
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Photoworks said:

I don't get people making a fuss over nothing!

Just don't buy it and you don't have to look at it

Exactly,, thank you. I personally think the ISO dial is useless, but it does not bother me at all. I liked the function button in the front of the camera, they moved it oh well just get used to it .. the sound of a shutter?  I could not give a rats buttox what it sounds like. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Łëïčä said:

We shoot Leica. If we weren’t fussy people we would be shooting a Fuji. 

I don’t understand why Leica has to be confined into a 70 year old camera design. I understand keeping the form and factor, totally sold with the rangefinder focusing.. fully committed to manual focus.. but an ISO dial to look like a silly rewind knob.. when a button was perfectly fine. A base plate to look like a film camera, a film advance lever to look like a film camera.. really 

Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Photoworks said:

I don't get people making a fuss over nothing!

Just don't buy it and you don't have to look at it

On all of the internet, no forum has ever seen as much wailing, bitching, griping, pissing & moaning, grumbling, snottiness, complaining, sniping, sarcasm and malcontent as this forum has seen directed at the M11. 

There are obviously a significant number of people in this world who are not happy unless they are unhappy - and unhappy about imaginary wrongs done to them by the design team @Leica. 

Jeezuz, people - grow up.  🙄

Edited by Herr Barnack
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Artin said:

Exactly,, thank you. I personally think the ISO dial is useless, but it does not bother me at all. I liked the function button in the front of the camera, they moved it oh well just get used to it .. the sound of a shutter?  I could not give a rats buttox what it sounds like. 

We pay $10,000 for a body. 
 

we want perfection. I don’t want to “eh. I’ll get used to it” or “who cares about the shutter sound”. For that I can just get a Sony for half the price. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Herr Barnack said:

On all of the internet, no forum has ever seen as much wailing, bitching, griping, pissing & moaning, grumbling, snottiness, complaining, sniping, sarcasm and malcontent as this forum has seen directed at the M11.  There are obviously a significant number of people in this world who are not happy unless they are unhappy - and unhappy about imaginary wrongs done to them by the design team @Leica. 

Jeezuz, people - grow up.  🙄

Again. If we were happy with just anything we would just get a Fuji. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Artin said:

I don’t understand why Leica has to be confined into a 70 year old camera design. I understand keeping the form and factor, totally sold with the rangefinder focusing.. fully committed to manual focus.. but an ISO dial to look like a silly rewind knob.. when a button was perfectly fine. A base plate to look like a film camera, a film advance lever to look like a film camera.. really 

I will wholeheartedly agree about the fake rewind lever on the M10-D.  I thought it was silly, but some people liked it.

As for the ISO dial, I like being able to change ISOs without having to scroll through the menus (until you need a an ISO higher than 12,500 at least).

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Artin said:

people grow up and stop complaining.

 

7 minutes ago, Artin said:

an ISO dial to look like a silly rewind knob.. when a button was perfectly fine. A base plate to look like a film camera, a film advance lever to look like a film camera.. really 

 

6 minutes ago, Artin said:

Maybe they should make the batteries to look like film canisters and paint them green and yellow 

🤣🤣

 

Man. People should just grow up and stop complaining. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...